• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So how much should I pay for this beater?

12 posts in this topic

A CGC 1.5 was recently listed (and unsold) on eBay for about $450. In my opinion, this copy is worth maybe $150 max. The Suspense books usually have brittle spines. I would expect this copy to have a cover that is heavily taped or fully detached.

IMO $75 max

I like the book but I see it enough to think it's not so scarce I need to snap it up when it gets offered. I think I saw at least 2, maybe 3 copies of it at Heroes and a few other issues of Suspense as well.

If the front image is relatively good, I wouldn't mind having a copy like that for $90. I overpaid for my copy... the pages and cover are overall in nice condition, but the spine is somewhat brittle.

I have a beater Startling Terror Tales #11 also. I'm fine with beater books that I'm only seeking because of a great cover.