• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Batman 142

9 posts in this topic

It's a shame that my scanner is broken, because these photos do not do this Batman from 1961 justice. The book lies perfectly flat. The staples are very tight. There are no tears anywhere.

I recently got about 40 old Batman and Detective comics from my father. I'll be posting a few over the next week. Thanks so much for your grading opinions.

batman142f.jpg

batman142b.jpg

My guess would be 5.0/5.5. Just that dent in the logo and what looks like a tiny tape pull on an otherwise sharp book.

And by the way, welcome to the boards! thumbsup2.gif

My guess would be 5.0/5.5. Just that dent in the logo and what looks like a tiny tape pull on an otherwise sharp book.

And by the way, welcome to the boards! thumbsup2.gif

Even with that and the wear along the TEBC, I still think he's looking at a 6.0 . . . confused-smiley-013.gif

Even with that and the wear along the TEBC, I still think he's looking at a 6.0 . . . confused-smiley-013.gif

To my eye the dent looks "deep" enough that the pages may be affected somewhat...if it were just a surface dent, then 6.0/6.5 no problem, but it looks heavier than that. Could be the photo tho.

It's not a dent. It's just an oddly placed crease. The crease barely shows up on the back of the front cover and the other pages are unaffected. The crease also doesn't go to either edge; it just goes though part of the logo. It would be hard to spot if it weren't for that darn black cowl.

Now where's my black pen? :P