• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

26 posts in this topic

I finally was able to pick up the trade at my LCS when I got UFF 31 today.

yay.gif

Just read part one (of eight) so far...

I wonder what that artifact they are bringing back from the Holy Land is. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My serious guesses:

1) Thor's Hammer makepoint.gif

2) Rama Tut's (Doc Doom's) time machine. That was in the Middle East! 893whatthe.gif

3) Cosmic Cube? crazy.gif

Don't totally spoil me but if one of my guesses is right give me a thumbsup2.gif

Other things I was thinking of:

JJJ's cigar box

A radioactive spider

The Watcher's wig

Gwen's clone

Paste-Pot-Pete's paste gun

poke2.gif

Issue 1 was tooooooo preachy.

All that X-men, mutant, cry-baby krap.

I'm being persecuted because of my powers... wah... 893blahblah.gif

I hope the FF show up by issue two and things get better.

I wanna see the Thing do some Medieval Clobbering!

thumbsup2.gif

I couldn't of any other things that would date back to the Middle Ages that came from the early Silver-Age.

Mandarin's rings? confused-smiley-013.gif

Most everything else, a G-Bomb (Hulk), or a spaceship (FF), or an Iron suit, wouldn't be around in 1602. smirk.gif

1602 was good, but it certainly wasn't as good as I was hoping it would be considering the writer. The follow up 1602 mini was trash by the way, so you can steer clear of that. =)

I got bored and dropped it after 2 issues. Is it worht going back and reading the trade?

I thought it did start slow and then it got better. Go to a Barnes & Noble, get a cup of coffee and read it....

I don't know why, but any story the Watcher shows up I like for some reason...

thumbsup2.gif

I couldn't of any other things that would date back to the Middle Ages that came from the early Silver-Age.

Most everything else, a G-Bomb (Hulk), or a spaceship (FF), or an Iron suit, wouldn't be around in 1602. smirk.gif

Ya know, I read it when it came out and liked it but for the life of me I can't even remember what the artifact was! frustrated.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

It definitly got better! Once Doom showed up things started to rock!

headbang.gif

I couldn't stop and read 2 - 8 all last night.

Great story! And I figured most of it out but one thing did surpised me.

That was the big Indian guard being Captain America.

I should have noticed the blue eyed, blond Indian.... foreheadslap.gif

One question.

Who was the girl that turned into the white animals?

I don't recall a Silver-Age character with these powers.

confused-smiley-013.gif

The story was suppose to be a retake of early Silver-Age Marvel characters set in 1602 and she was the only one I was "Huh? Who dat?".

thumbsup2.gif

Ya know, I read it when it came out and liked it but for the life of me I can't even remember what the artifact was! frustrated.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Hint: A wooden stick.

You figure out what you should do with it. wink.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Hint: A wooden stick.

You figure out what you should do with it. wink.gif

foreheadslap.gif Thanks for jarring my memory!

And for what it's worth, Cap being the indian caught me by surprize also. I might have had a better clue if I pronounced his name Rojas instead of thinking the J sounded like an H! I was reading it as ROHAS! Christo_pull_hair.gif

One question.

Who was the girl that turned into the white animals?

I don't recall a Silver-Age character with these powers.

confused-smiley-013.gif

The story was suppose to be a retake of early Silver-Age Marvel characters set in 1602 and she was the only one I was "Huh? Who dat?".

It has been a while since I read it, but from what I recall, the girl was not a Marvel analogue but instead the historical Virginia Dare, the first English-speaking newborn in the western hemisphere. In our timeline Virginia disappeared along with the rest of the Roanoke "lost colony" leaving behind only the mysterious word "Croatan" carved in a tree on the outer banks of North Carolina.

More on the lost colony

I'm already reading "1603" . . . insane.gif

Your kidding right? poke2.gif

I'd be more interested in what happens to Cap and Nick when they return to the future.

I'm already reading "1603" . . . insane.gif

Your kidding right? poke2.gif

I'd be more interested in what happens to Cap and Nick when they return to the future.

gossip.gif They get married . . . but NOT in NY . . . 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif