• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Diego sale starts early! 1961-present. 30,000 different comics!

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. Last year I had a "San Diego sale for the rest of us" that was a big success. Lots of people placed their first order with us. Basically there was so much talk about San Diego that I wanted to do what I could for the majority that aren't going to the show. So I'll try the same thing this year and start it early, ie now. It's open only to forum members (and lurkers) and will then be expanded to our newsletter subscribers next week.

ALL COMICS from 1961-present that are priced under $75 will be 20% off. Order $100 and they are 25% off. To take advantage, just shoot me a PM or note it in your special instructions box in our shopping cart and I'll adjust the total. If you're interested in older books or more expensive books, let me know and I might be able to do something, depending on the book. Same free shipping terms as usual. $33 and up domestic.

We've got a great A to Z Marvel and DC inventory, lots of genre books like House of Mystery, Jonah Hex, and Our Army at War, plus a surprising number of out of print TPBs and GNs, even foreign stuff like Moebius, etc. I'd estimate that the sale as outlined above would apply to 30,000 different comics out of our 40,000+. As for the older stuff, we have more 1950s non-superhero books than almost anybody. Big runs of Atlas horror titles, off-beat stuff, DC humor and western and mystery, etc. If that's what you like, we're your kind of site. wink.gif

Plus, since I'll probably get some eyeballs on this thread, I should mention we've just added an original owner DC collection that includes Lois Lane 1, Adventure 247, Brave and Bold 29, and 30, JLA 3 and up, GL 3 and up, Teen Titans 1 and up (plus Showcase 59), Wonder Womans starting with 100, and I believe Superman with 101. As with most OO collections, the older books are the lowest grade and then they get nicer and nicer with lots of flat sharp VG+ to FN. That's our VG+ to FN which is nicer than most peoples'.

If you like comics, we almost certainly have something for you!

Thanks for reading and for looking at our site.

Marc

It's always fun to wake up to the international posters' comments and international orders. Russ, in this case this morning's vintage int. order was an Adventures into the Unknown going to Sturt, Australia.

I wanted to add that if anyone is going to San Diego I can send books for you to look at or pick up as Shin Kao will be selling some of my books at the show.

Marc

Thanks for posting, I appreciate it. Some firewalls are having problems so if you're at work or the public library it's not a huge surprise, though I thought our programmer had fixed that. I'll send him a report right now. If you're at home and having the problem it's troubling. Cookies do need to be turned on, I believe.

Also, sometimes just trying again works. Don't know why.

Marc

Hey Marc,

Ever thought about deducting the free shipping value you give to US clients for orders of $33.00+ from the shipping cost of international buyers ?

Oh and FYI, the price of the GPE has gone up from $9.00 to $9.50...you nevr know some [embarrassing lack of self control] might complain when you charge him $9.50 when as it still says $9.00 on your site

thumbsup2.gif

Actually, I've been subsidizing the fifty cents since January. In fact, we only charge extra shipping over the $9 when it's $13-plus, otherwise we eat it. So sometimes there is a subsidy. Also, I really prefer to ship in a box so if I can keep it to a pound I'll send air letter post in a box instead of the GPM envelope, even if it costs me an extra dollar or two.

Also, for big orders that require a box and sometimes Global Express Mail I almost always give the same subsidy as U.S. customers.

Best,

Marc

Dropped off two boxes of some of our most interesting or best stuff with Shin today for sale in San Diego. A real mix and some surprises. Highlights include Gold Key tv #1s like Banana Splits and Harlem Globetrotters plus a lot of other HG GKs including Scooby Doo. Some 1970s HG Charlton #1s. What remains of my HG bronze DC horror including Spectre Adventures, Phantom Stranger, and Swamp Thing 1 and 7. Some 1950s DC superheroes plus 1960s DC keys in Showcase, Brave and the Bold, Flash, GL, and JLA (like 1st and 2nd appearances, Crisis and JSA stuff). A great batch of HG early, early Bronze B&Bs including 52-pagers and 100-pagers and a few HG Detectives from the same period. Marvels include 70s #1s, 60s early issues, and some HG early Defenders, Ghost Rider, Conans, and ToDs.

Please check it out. Shin also has lots of great stuff being offered for the first time anywhere and Povertyrow has about 120 sweet, sweet horror, crime and GGA pre-codes there too.

Marc