• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Spider-fan got about $7k lying around?

34 posts in this topic

EVERY COMIC WILL BE PACKAGED BOMB PROOF

27_laughing.gif

THESE COMIC'S YOU SEE ARE THE CROWN JEWLS OF MY COLLECTION

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN # 300 CGC 9.8 SS ALONE IS A RARE MASTER PIECE.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

That's a nice collection. Price isn't THAT crazy. It's about $3k out if he were to split and sell them individually. There all moderns but some rare books in there. The set of the 3 authentix variants have me drooling.

That actually IS rare in such a high grade signed by Todd Mcfarlane. Apparently he's a tough-ish sig to get. poke2.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

The value of such an item is an aside, but i don't really think the rarity is to be questioned too harshly.

That actually IS rare in such a high grade signed by Todd Mcfarlane. Apparently he's a tough-ish sig to get. poke2.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

The value of such an item is an aside, but i don't really think the rarity is to be questioned too harshly.

The fact that there are probrably thousands of copies of this book out there that are 9.8 or better and the fact that the man is still alive to sign said books and does still go to Cons from time to time...the rarity aspect if not in doubt now, could become in doubt if someone submits a hundred horded copies for his next signing...AND a masterpiece (of what?? confused-smiley-013.gif) makepoint.gif

Seriously, I wouldn't pull the trigger for a thousand gossip.gif

poke2.gif

At $1000 I'd pop it right now. Sit on the books until about a week before the release of Spidey3...and list them individually for a nice tidy profit. cloud9.gif

Morning Nik hi.gif

That's a nice collection. Price isn't THAT crazy. It's about $3k out if he were to split and sell them individually. There all moderns but some rare books in there. The set of the 3 authentix variants have me drooling.

I remember when the Romita one first came out. Limited to 300 (I believe) They used to sell on ebay between $150-$225 which I thought was stupid. Of course I haven't seen one in years (until this auction). It would be nice to own one of those.

I actually received the Stan Lee one as a gift. cloud9.gif

The plain one was only like $10 (IIRC) You should have that one..... confused-smiley-013.gif

poke2.gif

The 9.8 regular #300 is moving for well over a thousand on it's own.

893whatthe.gifforeheadslap.gif

There is 100 of them at 9.8 in the Census and 552 at 9.6 makepoint.gif

(at $1000 a pop, I wish I owned all 100 copies!! yay.gif )

I remember when the Romita one first came out. Limited to 300 (I believe) They used to sell on ebay between $150-$225 which I thought was stupid. Of course I haven't seen one in years (until this auction). It would be nice to own one of those.

The plain one was only like $10 (IIRC) You should have that one..... confused-smiley-013.gif

Unfortunetly i don't own any of them. I quit the title with #441 disgusted that Marvel had relaunched the book at the time mad.gif

Never knew you owned a re-sketched edition! You are my new best friend!! grin.gif

Unfortunetly i don't own any of them. I quit the title with #441 disgusted that Marvel had relaunched the book at the time mad.gif

Never knew you owned a re-sketched edition! You are my new best friend!! grin.gif

No I had to chance to buy at $50 when it first came out and balked. Then they went crazy on ebay. Finally they disappeared. I have the Stan Lee signature, that my mom actually got me for xmas. I think she actually bought off QVC or something like that 893whatthe.gif

But I remember the blank one selling for $10. I might have an extra that I could charge like a 100 quid or something. I'll check.

I think I witnessed this book at the NY comic-con. If it wasn't this one it was the other 9.8 This book is absolutely spectacular I was a slabbed old label 9.8 that got cracked at the show and babied the whole time and immediately turned in to CGC after it was signed

poke2.gif

The 9.8 regular #300 is moving for well over a thousand on it's own.

893whatthe.gifforeheadslap.gif

There is 100 of them at 9.8 in the Census and 552 at 9.6 makepoint.gif

(at $1000 a pop, I wish I owned all 100 copies!! yay.gif )

$1,000 for a modern issue with a cr@ppy cover, no thank you. I'd have to have a complete run of Spider-Man books from #1-#250 before I'd even consider buying one of these propped up high grade moderns. In another few years there is probably going to be a few thousand 9.8's in the census.