• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the CGC grade: Superman #11...

30 posts in this topic

Thanks for all the grades, guys. Obviously the stain made this one very tough to call, but that's the fun of it!

Big props to Buffyfan, uclapeterg, svndst1030, october and Aces for the correct answer, and to others of you for even coming close! With such a fundamentally large and ugly stain I would never have dreamed of calling this higher than 3.0, but here you go...shows you what I know! tongue.gif

1309062-superman11.jpg

1309062-superman11.jpg.4f7e2ec38d2c49ecb8bde84bfc4fae5c.jpg

1309062-superman11.jpg

So what was the restoration? Is this the new label designation? No level of restoration? No description of work done? Whether it was slight or extensive? Amateur or professional? confused-smiley-013.gif

devil.gifBecause we ALL know that trimming is NOT restoration sumo.gifdevil.gif

Thanks for all the grades, guys. Obviously the stain made this one very tough to call, but that's the fun of it!

Big props to Buffyfan, uclapeterg, svndst1030, october and Aces for the correct answer, and to others of you for even coming close! With such a fundamentally large and ugly stain I would never have dreamed of calling this higher than 3.0, but here you go...shows you what I know! tongue.gif

1309062-superman11.jpg

893whatthe.gif That book doesn't look to better than a 5.5 without the waterstain. I can't believe it only got bumped down 1.5. I know I would be pissed if I got that as a VG. Well, unless I had submitted it 27_laughing.gif

1309062-superman11.jpg

So what was the restoration? Is this the new label designation? No level of restoration? No description of work done? Whether it was slight or extensive? Amateur or professional? confused-smiley-013.gif

devil.gifBecause we ALL know that trimming is NOT restoration sumo.gifdevil.gif

bah.

CGC hasn't worked up an appropriate colour label for trimming. since trimming isn't restoration, it gets no notations aside from the trimming one, and doesn't get any A or P designations.

but you knew that and just are being snarky. makepoint.gif

sumo.gif