• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kubert War Cover on ebay

21 posts in this topic

Hard to believe anyone would ever sell something like that.Hope a board member gets it.I couldn't even venture a guess on that one.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

I agree.....just a beautiful example ...I saw that and was like "WOW !!"" ...and I am not a Sgt Rock fan in the least. I was thinking 6k too Solar before I saw your post.... thumbsup2.gif

That middle image reminds me of the Sgt Rock piece that Bolland did that is in Scott Williams gallery....Not on the same level per se, but very similiar....

What a nice Kubert Easy Co./OAAW cover. Don't see stuff like this every day. Any guesses on the final price and/or reserve?

JOE KUBERT -BEST SGT ROCK COVER- ORGINAL ART

Looks like the seller has high-expectations, and rightfully so. My guess is $10k-plus . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I was thinking $6k-8k. It's already at $6k w/ RNM and a week to go. Should be fun to watch. I wonder if it is going to eat up someone's SDCC moolah.

It's definitely a nice cover although a nine panel cover is not what I'd pick to showcase kubert at his finest. You do get a mini portrait of each character though.

I'm with you on that. Chronology aside, it's not even top ten in my mind. I'd rather see action than portraits.

It's over the $10k mark now, and reserve still not met. Last two high bidders have zero feedback, with one having switched his ID in the last 30 days 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Assuming well-established bidders are waiting in the wings, I'm now inclined to believe a possible sale price of between $15 - 20K.

Should be interesting to watch. popcorn.gif

That does seem like what it ought to go for.I bet it would pull 20k if it had been listed on Heritage.I'd never do a transaction of that magnitude on eBay.Too many variables.I couldn't even do it on Heritage as I wouldn't even know what 20k looks like.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif