• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pricing for underground comics

5 posts in this topic

Picked up a small box of early 70's comics and there were some undergrounds in it. Anyone have any idea of what these might be worth?

Weird Fantasies 1 Los Angeles Comic Book Co 1972

Yellow Dog Comics 19 the Print Mint 1970

Zap Comics 0

Rip Off Comix 3 1978

Zap Comix 7 1974

Big [embarrassing lack of self control] Comics no number 1969

the Collected Cheech Wizard

Hyper Comics March 1979

Zap Comix 4 1969

Funny Animals 1 1972

You need to find out what printing of Zap #0 that is.. There are a lot of them.

There is a new Fogel Underground Price Guide out there.. but I don't know if you want to buy a $30 guide just for your short box.

Maybe Comicwiz will see this... or I'll look them up when I get home.

At first glance, the Zap #0 could be worth the most if it's an early print...

Nice lot.

I'm one of the exceptions in the underground camp -- I tend to gravitate to hyper high-grade examples.

That said, the books from your lot that are most interesting are the Zap 0, Big (I'm assuming issue 1), Zap 4 and the Air Pirates 1.

Any chance you can post scans of the books? I would be able to determine first print for all but the Zap 4 through cover inspection.

After doing so, I can give you a better idea how much their worth. I'd also make an offer on them if their firsts. If they are firsts and are in nice shape, you should expect a decent premium on these books.

PM or email me scans if its easier to do so than posting them on here at the email address on my profile.

Thanks thumbsup2.gif

NeatStuff just listed a bunch of 'em...

Here's a run of ZAP

Might seem harsh, but he's way out of his league with that minimum bid price. Those are all later printings. I can get most of those issues in earlier printings from Don's backstock and still pay a fraction of his starting bid price...