• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective 27 on Ebay!! Fact or Fiction

18 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2178329839&category=35751

Too good to be true? If it is real, did the seller make an error on the BIN amount? You make the call...

I think it is total, unmitigated and complete fertilizer. Or, to quote the last words in E.A. Poe's THE FACTS IN THE CASE OF M. VALDEMAR ... there lay a nearly liquid mass of loathsome --- of detestable putrescence.

I think it is total, unmitigated and complete fertilizer. Or, to quote the last words in E.A. Poe's THE FACTS IN THE CASE OF M. VALDEMAR ... there lay a nearly liquid mass of loathsome --- of detestable putrescence.

Nice verbiage Povertyrow! 893Funny-thumb.gif

Ten will getcha twenty that this is only the cover to 'Tec 27:

the cover has very small tears around the edges and is seperated from the rest of the comic book

"But then what about this?" you may ask:

the pages themselves are in fantastic condition but yellowed

pages == front and back cover only?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Al

Looks like a hoax. Could be a framed DC treasury. Last time seller completed makepoint.gif an eBay transaction was around 2 years ago.

It does look oversized like those 1970's treasury editions

J.D

It does look oversized like those 1970's treasury editions

J.D

When did those treasury editions come out? He said he's owned th book for over 26 years. Does that coincide with their release? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1974.. wink.gif....sounds about right... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

When did those treasury editions come out? He said he's owned th book for over 26 years. Does that coincide with their release? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1974.. wink.gif....sounds about right... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That would also explain his refusal to take it out of the frame. He doesn't want to have to answer any questions about the interior that would expose it as a reprint. Although, I guess they were printed in a larger format. His wording in the auction and the fact that he doesn't claim it's original almost guarantees that this is one huge scam.

And, I just noticed.......this guy lives about an hour away from me. Lousy Hoosiers.893naughty-thumb.gif

All you need to know is that the right side has only one smokestack.

Treasury.

There are two smokestacks on the original

Never knew that...I wonder..... 893whatthe.gif are they all altered slightly?

Jonny D.

If you look at the details of the large 70's editions and compare the covers to the originals you will find some minor changes to the art.

Take a look at the buyers feedback rating....-1, 1 positive/2 negatives. Can anyone say NON-PAYING BIDDER? insane.gif

Anyone else find it pretty funny that a bogus seller put up a B*S* item and a non-payer bought the item with BIN. AAAHHH... Such irony is the spice of life!

893applaud-thumb.gif

Take a look at the buyers feedback rating....-1, 1 positive/2 negatives. Can anyone say NON-PAYING BIDDER? insane.gif

Anyone else find it pretty funny that a bogus seller put up a B*S* item and a non-payer bought the item with BIN. AAAHHH... Such irony is the spice of life!

893applaud-thumb.gif

And the best part is the scam seller is genuinely upset at the fact he didn't pay....is it pssible he is just a dumb schmuck and doesn't realize his book is worthless?

J.D.

893applaud-thumb.gif

And the best part is the scam seller is genuinely upset at the fact he didn't pay....is it pssible he is just a dumb schmuck and doesn't realize his book is worthless?

J.D.

I think he KNOWS that his book is worthless.....he just doesn't REALIZE that he's a "dumb schmuck" grin.gif