• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Detective Comics #34

10 posts in this topic

Detective Comics #34 (Extensive Restoration) - Professional

Restoration Includes: (Look below in documentation)

Asking:

1. What is the grade and is it worth slabbing? Note: Store owners have said it might not fit into the CGC case. (miswrap)

detective 34.jpg

detective 34 pics1.jpg

detective 34 papers 2.jpg

detective 34 papersa.jpg

Grading extensively restored books from scans is notoriously difficult. My guess, based on the extent of the restoration, is that it wouldn't get higher than an apparent 3.0 or so. I'm a little surprised that it wasn't possible to press the miswrap out, but I know that Tracey Heft knows what he's doing, so...

I wouldn't slab this book (although, it should be slabbable in a magazine sized slab). If you're going to sell it, I would just sell it raw.

Very cool book 893applaud-thumb.gif

If you look at the before pictures, you'll see that there was no spine roll beforehand. That's the result of the book being reassembled off-center and/or not enough space alotted for when the missing areas to the spine were infilled. Moreover, this also caused the cracking problem at the spine. I agree with the apparent 3.0. Whats the page quality like? Still brittle?

I thought Tracey did a good job restoring the Detective Comics #34. I didn't send it in to be restored but what he did was remarkable considering the condition it was before! In addition, I was thrilled when the resotration papers came with the comic!! Restoration papers should come with the comic book when restored by professionals.