• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Batman #11

10 posts in this topic

I have recieved various grades on this comic!!

Batman #11 (No restoration)

Comments: (LOOK AT SCANS)

* Cream/off-white pages

* Semi-detached cover (barely hanging on to one stable)

* Oxidation shadow

* Subscription crease/fold on front cover

* Tears on spine, front and back cover

* Small piece missing from back cover

* Pencil marks on cover

* Brittle cover

* Other small defects on front and back cover

* No pages are missing, cut or loose

ASKING:

1. What is the grade on this comic? (Note: Have recieved from 0.5 to 2.0 grade for comic)

2. Is it worth slabbing? (Note: Told not to CGC due to brittle cover.)

batman 11.jpg

batman 11 bc.jpg

Given the GA bump I would say it looks like a 1.8/2.0 but you say the cover is brittle.

That would lower the grade even at the low end.

1.5 with the GA bump.

1.0 if this was a SA book. poke2.gif

I gave this book a 2.0 on the CPG forums. I don't know how you can downgrade a book simply because it is brittle. Why should it matter? If it is brittle or not, the PRESENT grade of the book is still the same. The brittleness just effects how it might grade in the future. Sure, maybe it will be a 1.0 six months from now because of a big piece breaking off. But that is six months from now, and does not affect the present grade. I see no possible way to legitimize this book recieving a 1.0. 1.0's have pieces missing, coupons missing, severe and damaing water damage, or a back cover missing. This book is complete and presentable and as so would automatically give it a minimum of 1.5 just for being so.

I gave this book a 2.0 on the CPG forums. I don't know how you can downgrade a book simply because it is brittle. Why should it matter? If it is brittle or not, the PRESENT grade of the book is still the same. The brittleness just effects how it might grade in the future. Sure, maybe it will be a 1.0 six months from now because of a big piece breaking off. But that is six months from now, and does not affect the present grade. I see no possible way to legitimize this book recieving a 1.0. 1.0's have pieces missing, coupons missing, severe and damaing water damage, or a back cover missing. This book is complete and presentable and as so would automatically give it a minimum of 1.5 just for being so.

Why didn't you say that in the CPG forum? It is good information for everyone to know!!! Anyways, thanks alot for the info and advice. I wanted to post the pics one last time before I start to sell part of my collection.

I think the majority of people would disagree with it, though. IMO significantly brittle pages are the single worst defect you can have. I have no problem with a qualified style grade: (eg looks 6.0 but has brittle pages), but I don't think you can call a book with brittle pages a straight anything. It's just such a major defect...

I think you might still get a 2.0 despite.I think that defect is allowed in low grade.Now if large chunks are coming loose in the bag every time you take it out of the drawer,that's another story.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

I've seen brittle books get slabbed, but I can't touch or feel this one.

I'd say 1.5.

If not brittle, perhaps more like a 2.0/2.5 based on the CGC GA grading curve.