• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pov's Horror and Good Girl at San Diego

16 posts in this topic

Not sure if this is the right place for this but seems better than the Forum Members Classifieds.

Many of my Pre-code Horror and Atom Age Good Girl books will be at the San Diego Con. Shin (sckao) is handling them for me. There are about 120 books in all. For Horror, a short box of mainly individual titles as opposed to runs of the same title. So a good variety there. Also a half-short box of Good Girl: mainly Jungle, Jumbo, Fight with a few things like Dagar Desert Hawk, Wings bondage and the like. This all came out of the blue just a few days ago and I had to take the opportunity. Time has just been too limited for me to try individual sales. All the books are in Mylite 2/Fullbacks and most of them are microchamber papered front and back.

Shin seems in an ideal location, right by Bunky Brothers, Superworld and Metropolis and 2 entrances.

Pov

Not sure if this is the right place for this but seems better than the Forum Members Classifieds.

Many of my Pre-code Horror and Atom Age Good Girl books will be at the San Diego Con. Shin (sckao) is handling them for me. There are about 120 books in all. For Horror, a short box of mainly individual titles as opposed to runs of the same title. So a good variety there. Also a half-short box of Good Girl: mainly Jungle, Jumbo, Fight with a few things like Dagar Desert Hawk, Wings bondage and the like. This all came out of the blue just a few days ago and I had to take the opportunity. Time has just been too limited for me to try individual sales. All the books are in Mylite 2/Fullbacks and most of them are microchamber papered front and back.

Shin seems in an ideal location, right by Bunky Brothers, Superworld and Metropolis and 2 entrances.

Pov

893crossfingers-thumb.gifflowerred.gif

Thanks Greggy. As an added incentive I have autographed each and every book, in rich golden marker with "From the Collection of Povertyrow With All My Love...Pov". I feel it is this kind of extra personalized touch that is truly treasured by the collectors.

Thanks Greggy. As an added incentive I have autographed each and every book, in rich golden marker with "From the Collection of Povertyrow With All My Love...Pov". I feel it is this kind of extra personalized touch that is truly treasured by the collectors.

Just got the books! They look amazing... very nicely put together!

The Autograph on each one is outstanding! Almost lyrical is its presentation! hail.gif

Should be an awesome display!

-Shin

I concur, they are terrific books. Lots of hard to find covers that Pov has burned into our brains by posting them on the boards the last few years. Definitely check them out at SD.

Marc

P.S.--What surprised me as I looked through the box last night is just how affordable most of them are. Lots of great books are only $40 to $80.

You should have waited for a witness, you could have gotten them done for the Signature Series. insane.gif

You should have waited for a witness, you could have gotten them done for the Signature Series. insane.gif

893whatthe.gifforeheadslap.gif I blew it, man! BLEW it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should add that Shin has tons of great stuff that he's never offered before anywhere. Check out his innovative drawer-boxes con system! He's bringing tons of books.

Also, he's bringing two magazine boxes of my most interesting stuff--I posted details in my SD sale thread.

Marc

Anyway to bid or buy some of those GGA books without going to SD? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif I'm after nice 5.0 copies of Jumbo and Jungle.

Well, the books are already in shin's hands and I have no scans or even descriptions, but more importantly no time, which is why this was so appealing to me. But I seriously doubt everything is gonna sell. Whatever is left over I will post w/scans and prices on the boards in the Forum Selling section. smile.gif

Interesting. I had planned to head to Shin's booth first thing to thank him for the badges... now I have another reason to go. Wings GGA bondage you say? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif With my luck the other dealers will have pilfered them before I get in the door sumo.gif

Wings GGA bondage you say?

Just a couple and in lesser grade. blush.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hi.gifflowerred.gif

I'll miss your sorry arse in SD this year. shy.gif

Anyway to bid or buy some of those GGA books without going to SD? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif I'm after nice 5.0 copies of Jumbo and Jungle.

Well, the books are already in shin's hands and I have no scans or even descriptions, but more importantly no time, which is why this was so appealing to me. But I seriously doubt everything is gonna sell. Whatever is left over I will post w/scans and prices on the boards in the Forum Selling section. smile.gif

Leftovers cloud9.gifyay.gif