• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neal Adams Signature Series Signing at CGC Booth and San Diego Comic-Con

12 posts in this topic

Neal Adams Signature Series Signing at CGC Booth and San Diego Comic-Con

Posted at 7/17/2006 12:00:23 PM

Proceeds to benefit St. Jude Children’s Hospital

Legendary artist Neal Adams will be signing at the CGC Booth (#1000 and 1002) at the San Diego Comic-Con International on Saturday, July 22 from 1:00 to 2:00 PM. Only 50 tickets are available and can be purchased at the CGC Booth. Tickets are just $5 each. All proceeds from ticket sales will benefit St. Judes Children’s Hosiptal, along with a portion of fees from all related CGC Signature Series submissions. There is a strict limit of two signatures per ticket.

Neal Adams is among the most renowned artists of the Silver Age, cultivating a naturalistic style for DC Comics characters including Batman and Green Lantern. He has received numbers awards, such as multiple Alley Awards and Shazam Awards, and he was inducted into the Harvey Awards' Jack Kirby Hall of Fame in 1999. Adam’s influence is widely recognized today, with artists such as Alex Ross commenting that “he changed comics forever” (CBG, #1621, p152).

"I’m extremely thrilled and excited to have Neal Adams, one of the top creators of our time, at the CGC booth, and even better that this will raise money for a great organization" said Steve Borock, CGC's president and primary grader.

"What a surprise…that comic collecting has become official. CGC and the people there who grade and authenticate the comics are honest and fair. They grade the books but have nothing to do with setting the price. That's up to you and me, and it's CGC that stands behind us." commented Neal Adams. Neal Adams can also be seen during the convention at Booth #1829. If you are unable to attend the San Diego Comic-Con, visit his website www.NealAdams.com.

For more information about the CGC Signature Series visit www.cgccomics.com/signature, or contact CGC Customer Service at 1-800-NM-COMIC.

I wish thecollector had internet access, i'm dying to know how well he did this weekend, he had quite the task ahead of him

flash 139 did not get signed but batman 199 got quad signed. Carmine had a strict 1 per person per day rule so I only got a total of 8 signed by him he has real bad autheritis.

I wasn't any higher than 8 on your list? i'm shocked poke2.gifinsane.gif