• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BIN my Silver Age FF's!

41 posts in this topic

Looks to be an exceptional copy of the book at that grade.Is it just me or does that cover make you want to throw some salmon steaks on the grill poke2.gif.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

I'm having trouble not seeing an 8.0 for that book.Definitely Ditko inks and probably one of the neater stories in the early run.The only problem that I have with it is Stan's referral to the octopus as almost mindless,when in reality they are probably the most intelligent of all creatures that lack a backbone(with the possible exception of Osama bin Laden).Their level of intellect supposedly rivals that of a house cat.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a firend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Damn, I love that cover. Ditko inks on Kirby pencils I believe. Good price on a sweet book.

Yeah! Ditko and Kirby! But what really makes it for me is Sue's wide-eyed fixation on Namor's butt! thumbsup2.gif

(I stole that from somebody.)

Damn, I love that cover. Ditko inks on Kirby pencils I believe. Good price on a sweet book.

When I was a kid back in the early 80's that was the lowest issue I could get/afford. cloud9.gif what a great book.

Similar story here...back in '86 I was in college and my GF and I were taking one of those 3-night Bahama gambling cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale. I had heard of Tropic Comics(?) and had to stop by their store before we left. They were having a one-fourth off sale, and there was an FF 4, and an FF 14 available (not this copy). After much ponderance, I chose the 14 as I loved the cover as well! Boy, was that a mistake, the FF 4 wasn't much more $$ and as I recall, was quite a nice copy. foreheadslap.gif

VG copies of # 14 and 20 at Zeno's books about 5 years ago (picked up in a trade),made me remember how much I loved the FF.I was into golden age and pre hero marvel then.I ended up putting together a mid grade run of 2-33,which I then sold/traded to get slabbed copies of some of my favorites.It's a shame that the FF run is so soft now and that it took you so LONG to move these worthless things poke2.gif.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

p.s. I am surprised your 18 didn't move yet.Nice copy.

I have never been a FF fan but recently i got to buy a bunch of low # readers at LCS for about $5.00 each and have started to really like the stuff, so now going to work on compiling some books. I looked through my older collection (i have multiple collections in one if that makes sense) and have basically a 101-300 (probably missing a good amount but easy to achieve) run in addition to finding a bunch of FF 60-100. I am definately a fan now.

frederic9494 please buy that FF 14 before I do.

I can't afford it... frown.gif

Time payments available! thumbsup2.gif

Any other FF's (other than 3 and 26) you're looking for? confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm looking for a nice 10. poke2.gif

Sorry...only have a not-so-nice 10. frown.gif

Some really great looking books. Any chance you have a nice #55??? That is one of my favorite covers....

Not for sale at the moment! 893naughty-thumb.gif

If the ff 14 is still around....you got me! takeit.gif

SOLD! sumo.gif

Thank goodness.

I couldn't have resisted for another login. crazy.gif