• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please don't hate me!

11 posts in this topic

Ok, I know it's no Hulk or Spidey, but hey, you gotta have diversity in your collection, right? I'm actually looking to get this comic for my girlfriend, but I'm not very good at grading magazine sized comics. I know the pictures are pretty bad, but could you guys give me an idea of what the crease in the back does to the grade and what you think the grade would be? Thanks a lot, and I hope all my Spideys make up for this one.

LT_1_F.jpg

LT_1_B.jpg

Thanks,

Daniel

Somewhere between a VG 4.0 (technically, due to length of crease) and a FN 6.0 (the book appears to have a lot of positives going for it, despite the crease) . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Who is this "Spidey" you speak of . . . ? insane.gif

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

5.5--looks very nice

I have a cgc graded Little Lulu annual 1953 with a big ol' crease down the middle which must have been graded during their christmas party as it received a 5.0-and probably a few giggles

Somewhere between a VG 4.0 (technically, due to length of crease) and a FN 6.0 (the book appears to have a lot of positives going for it, despite the crease) . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Who is this "Spidey" you speak of . . . ? insane.gif

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

well i hate him. sumo.gif

just kidding.

book looks like a very, very nice 4.5 to me, based on the two creases - LLBC and URBC - that i can make out.

of course, grading from a scan isn't all that accurate, and grading from a picture's even less so

It looks like a NICE 4.5.Maybe even a 5.0.If anyone gives you a hard time about Dell Giants tell them to GO POUND SAND !!!.....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif