• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOW...Right Out of the Gate

9 posts in this topic

hello all...

I am one of those 4 bidders (was the first to bid, I believe)....to be honest, price guide is irrelevant to me on this issue, as it is likely to the other bidders....been a long time since I can remember that a nice copy was offered for sale or auction ("pedigree" is irrelevant to me on this issue), so I guess the sky is the limit...although I am hoping that if I don't win, the price will bring out some other nice copies, and afford the opportunity to me to purchase.

thanks

rick

hello all...

I am one of those 4 bidders (was the first to bid, I believe)....to be honest, price guide is irrelevant to me on this issue, as it is likely to the other bidders....been a long time since I can remember that a nice copy was offered for sale or auction ("pedigree" is irrelevant to me on this issue), so I guess the sky is the limit...

Rick;

That a pretty healthy price you are willing to bid on the 'Tec 35. Any reason for this particular issue (ie. cover image, rarity, lower price point, etc) or are you also interested in some of the other pre-Robin 'Tec issues?

hello all...

I am one of those 4 bidders (was the first to bid, I believe)....to be honest, price guide is irrelevant to me on this issue, as it is likely to the other bidders....been a long time since I can remember that a nice copy was offered for sale or auction ("pedigree" is irrelevant to me on this issue), so I guess the sky is the limit...although I am hoping that if I don't win, the price will bring out some other nice copies, and afford the opportunity to me to purchase.

thanks

rick

Hey NewForce, I see you were bidding on a 2.5 copy of TEC 35 on ebay and the auction was ended early. So did you get it? It looked like a nice copy. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

hello all...

well, what I was hoping for happened...the crippin copy has brought some other 35's to the market, and I suspect will bring even more...as I have posted in other posts, I have a great friend/customer that I am putting a batman 1-100 run together for (we are almost done)...I personally collect Tec 27-53 (to answer Lou, love the pre robin tec's and the long ear logo covers, and I needed a 35)...while I would have no problem owning multiple of each issue in that range, my buddy bob (batman run) has also taken an interest in the early tec's...but, he is unrestored only...I, on the other hand, love restored books because I find that I generally get a nice® looking copy at 15-25% of the price....win win for me!...so, I was intially going after the crippin just to have a copy in my collection (blue or purple), and then I saw the restored 5.5 and I said "I have to have it"...then, the next day, a blue 2.5 came up and I initially thought of bob, and was in contact with the seller from the first moment, but bob only had so much to spend, so we lost out to another buyer by a few hundred....had I of known that fellow board member RyanH wanted a copy, I could have secured the 2.5, but since I had just won the 5.5 purple, I did not persue the 2.5 higher (wish I had of known Ryan, cuz when it was out of bob's range, I still could have gotten)...the seller gave me the chance to match his other offer (brought instant respect to me, for that seller)....so, now I have a few more tec holes (mainly the 27) and I will move onto All American (GL is my second G.A. fav)...

anyone have pre robin tec's for sale, lmk

thanks

rick

Congrats, NewForce, on a great buy!! (I just left you a PM, re: the previous offer on the TEC #35) Wish I had contacted you sooner, but I didn't want to jump the gun, and the 2.5 copy ended so abruptly!! It all happened so fast!

Anyways, hopefully we see a few more of those surface in the near future.

Watching the Heritage copy... popcorn.gif