• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Web of Spiderman 18 & 24

109 posts in this topic

I don't think prototype is the right word. Venom may not have been a finished idea at that point in time, but I think Venom is the evolution of that character and not just a similar character.

I don't think prototype is the right word. Venom may not have been a finished idea at that point in time, but I think Venom is the evolution of that character and not just a similar character.

Agreed, it isn't like this is a giant robot Dr. Doom or anything.

At most you can only say these are cameos and that's stretching it abit to get that far. To me a first appearance has to be a full shot of the character not just a shadow or a body part. Again, as part of the story its interesting, but if I'm buying a book that said "1st appearance of" and all it had was a nondescripted arm I'd be PO'd! 27_laughing.gif

Agreed, it isn't like this is a giant robot Dr. Doom or anything.

Well what would you call it then? It's clearly NOT a Venom appearance, i.e. Eddie Brock in the Symbiote costume, as that character was not developed until much later, so "prototype Venom" is probably as close as you're going to get.

Doesn't Overstreet recognize a Powerman/Iron Fist issue as being the third appearence of Sabretooth,even though he appears in one panel,in disguise,incognito and has nothing to do with the story?

Is this that different?

Full disclosure- I have two cases of Spidey 300,and zero copies of either of these books,unless they are in an old show box that I haven't gone thru.So I have no reason to push these copies.

bumpit.gifbumpit.gifbumpit.gif

news.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gif

I was sorting through some boxes the other day and came across something interesting.

VenomProof.jpg

from

scan0002.jpg

cover dated December 1989

(I was also looking through the Book of the Dead issues and was 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif at how many are (not) still dead. But that really has nothing to do with this topic.)

Where's JC when you need him?