• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Web of Spiderman 18 & 24

109 posts in this topic

In 24, I believe he is crawling up (or is it down) a wall when a black arms shoots out, and pulls his leg out from under him causing Spidey to take a tumble. Same schtick about it not having activated his Spidey-Sense. I missed it the first time I scanned the comic, but it is in there.

Personally, I wouldn't really look at Web 18 & 24 making any headlines along the lines of ASM 252,298-300, or Secret Wars #8. I could be wrong though...

There was a backup story in Amazing Spider-man #388 (april 1994) called 'Venom - The lost days'. There's a note on the first page of that story: 'Back in Web of Spider-man #18 and #24, we showed the first brief glimpses of Venom attacking Spidey. The tale that follows tells the *whole* story of those events! --Danny'. What significance does this have?

This Web of Spider-man 18 & 24 BS is so lame, it barely warrants a reply.

It's just a retcon of a sub-cameo of a proposed female character wearing the black suit. So to give the character more of a "fake history", Marvel tried to join the two together, but no one really cares.

We all know that Venom did not exist until ASM 299-300 - end of story.

Point is I think we can all agree that Web 18 and 24 really are not worth much attention.

Nah, I hope all you guys run out and speculate like mad on these - it leaves less money out there for the truly important books. grin.gif

Point is I think we can all agree that Web 18 and 24 really are not worth much attention.

Nah, I hope all you guys run out and speculate like mad on these - it leaves less money out there for the truly important books. grin.gif

The speculation bubble on these books already popped. They were $10-12 each in February and March, and now are back to the quarter bins, where they belong.

The speculation bubble on these books already popped. They were $10-12 each in February and March, and now are back to the quarter bins, where they belong.

AMEN Brother Donut! grin.gif

I knew certain issues would jump thanks to the movie, but those ones were just ridiculous.

AMEN Brother Donut! grin.gif

I knew certain issues would jump thanks to the movie, but those ones were just ridiculous.

Speaking of ridiculous:

http://cgi.ebay.com/WEB-OF-SPIDER-MAN-18...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/WEB-OF-SPIDER-MAN-18...1QQcmdZViewItem

Those were a couple of Prime Time WOSM18's Pre-Movie Hype Winning Candidates

893whatthe.gif

I'm really confused on why this is a debate. Why are some sooo deadset against the WOS cameo's? It doesn't take away from the ASM books and it's not like the WOS issues are rare. so what is it? I think it's cool that Marvel thought so far ahead about this character/story.

I think it's cool that Marvel thought so far ahead about this character/story.

But that's the thing, they DID NOT. The character was in WOS 18/24 was supposed to be a WOMAN who found the symbiote. That character was tossed out and never fully appeared. In the MU, maybe she died, ran away, dropped the symbiote, etc. Who knows?

Venom is Eddie Brock and the Symbiote, which first appeared in ASM 298-300 and subsequently became a very popular villain.

See the difference?

Yeah, I see it and I think it's splittin' hairs. We're about to go through the same thing with New Avengers #1 (if I recall correctly) and this Skrull invasion. People in shadows setting up later events. I've read some good debates, but this one is kinda weak. It's still a setup for Venom which, in my book, makes it a must for Venom fans like myself.

Yeah, I see it and I think it's splittin' hairs... makes it a must for Venom fans like myself.

What, are you holding a few cases of these stupid books, and looking to drive up values?

One is a mystery WOMAN that was never heard from again, while the other is EDDIE BROCK, who while wearing the SYMBIOTE, becomes VENOM, a very popular villain.

How is that splitting hairs?

Yeah, I see it and I think it's splittin' hairs... makes it a must for Venom fans like myself.

What, are you holding a few cases of these stupid books, and looking to drive up values?

One is a mystery WOMAN that was never heard from again, while the other is EDDIE BROCK, who while wearing the SYMBIOTE, becomes VENOM, a very popular villain.

How is that splitting hairs?

The Green Goblin was originally supposed to be Steven Jones, but they changed it at the last minute.

Yeah, I just made that up. The point is that when you do something behind the scenes, you can make many changes before it's revealed.