• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jive's Amazing $2 Gold, Silver, & Bronze Sale @ the August 20 Tampa Show

31 posts in this topic

I've been on a spending spree as of late and have accumulated WAY too many comics. So I have secured a table at the Tampa Comic Book Show held at the Doubletree Hotel on Sunday, August 20th. (For more info and directions to the show, go here).

I'm basically doing a massive sell off of a lot of very decent comics at some very insane prices. I will have no less then 1,000 Gold, Silver, & Bronze comics, ALL for just $2 each. About 2 long boxes each of primarily 60s & 70s DCs, Marvels, and another mixed longbox or two of Gold Key, Charlton, & other misc publishers. Lots of 12, 15, & 20 centers. Though most are low to mid grade, there are a number of great books in here that Guide for $10, $20, $30+. I need to get rid of them, and its first come, first served.

Oh, I'm also bringing several shortboxes of Trade Paperbacks, Graphic Novels, & Mad Magazines (some dating back to the 50s), and all will be sold for just $3 each. Some Guide for or have cover prices well over $20+, but I really don't care...its all gotta go for just $3/each.

I should also have 6-8 long boxes of dollar books too. These aren't your run of the mill $1.00 books (No Deathmate, Valiant, Image, Indies, or 90s drek) but sorted overstock mainline Marvels & DCs from the 70s-today. Lots of Spiderman, X-Men, Batman, etc. Virtually all be individually bagged and boarded, though I can't promise they will be alpha-numerically sorted, you gotta hunt through these boxes, but I can guarantee you there are a few treasures to be found.

Lastly, I should have 20-30 "wall books" on my homemade display, all at 50% OFF!. Some books that I will be bringing include X-Men # 94 & 101, Giant Size

X-Men # 1, and a slew of others I haven't even sorted yet. And no, the starting price won't be inflated...I'm basically pricing them at Guide, and taking 50% off quality Silver and Bronze issues. Again, first come, first served.

Oh, and if all of this doesn't sound good enough, come 2pm, I'm slashing prices an additional 50% on all the non-wall books, so the TPBs and Graphic Novels become $1.50, the Gold, Silver, Bronze books become a buck, and the dollar books get halved to just 4 bits. I don't want to take anything home, so its gonna be bargain basement prices during the final two hours.

I will have flyers available in the lobby and will pass them out to those on line about 20 minutes before the doors open. I will have plastic bags and some comic boxes for those that want to purchase in quantity.

PM me with questions if you have them, otherwise, I'll see you there!

And if you need further incentive to make the drive, Nick Cardy of DC fame will be on hand signing autographs and maybe doing sketches.

post a list and sell here

I can't make the show smile.gif

This show is Jive's very lazy way out of posting, grading, sorting, advertising, & mailing thousands of comics he himself has very little interest in. I figure I'd rather blow them out in one day and make some people happy then try to maximize my return (and take forever doing it).

post a list and sell here

I can't make the show smile.gif

This show is Jive's very lazy way out of posting, grading, sorting, advertising, & mailing thousands of comics he himself has very little interest in. I figure I'd rather blow them out in one day and make some people happy then try to maximize my return (and take forever doing it).

I understand. I don't like it, but I understand insane.gif

I will have no less then 1,000 Gold, Silver, & Bronze comics, ALL for just $2 each.

Did I write 1,000? Actually, its going to be closer to 2,000 Gold, Silver, & Bronze comics all for just $2 each.

I've put some good stuff in there too....Defenders # 1, Fantastic Four # 53, Sgt Fury # 10 just to name a few as well as a horde of other great 10, 12, 15, & 20 centers.

I'll take a couple of teaser pictures over the weekend for those of you still undecided about whether it would be worth the drive.