• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Registry Awards

5 posts in this topic

Though collects slabs is in a way, a perversion of true collecting...one upmanship isn't. So, here is the announcement for the winners:

http://www.collectors-society.com/news/viewarticle.asp?IDArticle=390

I took best type set for Whiz Comics(apparently no one wanted to create WC registry set). I came in 2nd for Captain Marvel Adventures. Only takes a couple of 9.2 copies and you have a contender, apparently for that type set.

Captain Tripps, took the overall prize(if you can call it that). And yeah, it should have been a Golden Age Collector!! grin.gif

Yeah, though not GA, Greggy won in his category. Of course, that is not surprising. I wanted to win Best Type for my GA Captain Marvel Adventure set. What gets me is that it is based on points and not on comprehesiveness. 2 9.2 books and I get blown away by about 700 points. Oh, I am just sour grapes, I guess. Next year, it shouldn't be a problem.

Agreed, if there was you would have had the Whiz type set hands down....And probably a few other sets now that I think of it. poke2.gif You know, I almost wish I had the resources so that a Photo-Archive could be built with this sort of thing in mind. I am almost embarassed getting the 2006 Type set for Whiz Comics because I was the only one competing. *sigh*