• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feedback Forum

46 posts in this topic

I think if you put this question to a strict ethics test, seller should only be on the hook for full cost of book and shipping both ways. Without previous specific agreement as to whether CGC fees would be paid should the book come back PLOD, seller should not be liable for these because it is unreasonable to be liable for any expenditures a buyer puts into the book after the sale.

The more I think about it, it is probably a good idea for all sellers of raw books to articulate their policy re: this right up front prior to any sale.

But from a practical standpoint, as a seller I personally would also pay CGC fees because I would feel horrible about something I sold coming back a PLOD, and just chalk it up to the cost of doing (good) business. Put yourself in the position of the buyer here.

What it comes down to is this:

I paid $100 + shipping for a book that was described as being an 8.0/8.5

In return...I got a 7.0 restored book

All I asked of the seller is that they send me a partial refund in the amount that they felt this situation warranted.

What do you think is warranted? Ask for how much you want!

The book was shipped directly from the seller to a fellow forum member to be signed & sealed. I've never held the book in hand while raw.

CGC doesn't downgrade for interior signatures.

..seems to me I saw a thread in the past that concluded CGC DOES downgrade for interior signature. Are you certain that they don't? confused-smiley-013.gif

If I advertise and sell a book as unrestored, I take full responsibility if it comes back with a purple label, I refund full grading, shipping...everything. (Fortunately that has never happened.) I have been on the receiving end of a scammer in the past and know how it feels to be left with something significantly not as advertised.

jduran should provide refund- no doubt. There are obviously more than 4 stress lines as was stated, and there is a water stain on the back , but the back was described as "clean". Overall, the book is not as described. As for the grading fees, as others have stated, it gets more complex. There is no guaranty in the auction regarding restoration, so IMHO, Beyonder took the risk. I think a negotiated value reduction from 8.0 to 7.0 would be fair- seeing as though Beyonder wants to keep the book. confused-smiley-013.gif

seems to me I saw a thread in the past that concluded CGC DOES downgrade for interior signature. Are you certain that they don't? confused-smiley-013.gif

They don't if it is submitted for signature series I think. We need to get thecollector in here to answer this one.