• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-Man #275 CGC 9.9... WTF??!?!?!?!?

76 posts in this topic

The less expensive books anywhere from VF at worst to NM/MT prefered.The keys and earlier issues I will settle for a VG with the more expensive ones G/VG.Books have to complete and unrestored. Guess your right about getting the earlier books first but my budget probably wont allow me to get 1-5 for now.I actually had a 5 but noticed the coupon was clipped so I returned it the following week.It was about a VG.I do not want these books to get out of reach though so I guess I will have to see how I will play this out...Thanks

Danny

The less expensive books anywhere from VF at worst to NM/MT prefered.The keys and earlier issues I will settle for a VG with the more expensive ones G/VG.Books have to complete and unrestored. Guess your right about getting the earlier books first but my budget probably wont allow me to get 1-5 for now.I actually had a 5 but noticed the coupon was clipped so I returned it the following week.It was about a VG.I do not want these books to get out of reach though so I guess I will have to see how I will play this out...Thanks

Danny

gossip.gif I'm goind just about the same thing with ASMs, but i'm doing it from 1-current. As i mentinoed in a different thread, i'm only about 40-something issues away from having a full run from 99-current, and i have about 25-30 of the issues pre-100 (my earliest is a #23 CGC 7.0 that i picked up for about $100 a little while back smile.gif )

Im trying to complete ASM 1-365.Ive got most of the keys after 50, before 50 I only have 10,14,39 but my main focus right now is getting the books over 100 when I am done with that then I will continue on to below 99.Ive got lots of time anyway.My goal is to finish this in ten years.Besides that I basically search for X-men books, 1st issues,1st appearances and keys.

hi.gif

You better go for the early ones first.

In 10 years the more modern ones will be the same price but the SA ones won't.

The less expensive books anywhere from VF at worst to NM/MT prefered.The keys and earlier issues I will settle for a VG with the more expensive ones G/VG.

Sounds like we're about on the same page, Danny. The #3-#20 issues that I have range from 2.0-4.5...decent, presentable issues. It's just not worth it to me to spend the funds it would take to upgrade to midgrade copies, and I'm real happy to own them in any grade! From #21-on my copies range from 4.0-8.0, and in general I've tried to be a bit pickier about these.

gossip.gif I'm goind just about the same thing with ASMs, but i'm doing it from 1-current. As i mentinoed in a different thread, i'm only about 40-something issues away from having a full run from 99-current, and i have about 25-30 of the issues pre-100 (my earliest is a #23 CGC 7.0 that i picked up for about $100 a little while back smile.gif )

Clearly you guys have bigger apartments than I do! hail.gif

I know that the books will be alot more in ten years.I guess I should focus on the earlier issues more than I am now.Its just from a financial perspective its going to be tough.Im going see how I play this out..Thanks Aces

Have to say, this is kind of the way I'm thinking too. I've been trying to lock in some of the pricier keys (the #4 you guys have seen, plus a #14 I picked up a few months ago). As prices continue to rise, at some point soon I just won't want to spend what it takes to finish this, so I try to snag presentable bargain copies of the early ones whenever I can.

Anyway, it's cool that a bunch of us are doing this! We should dedicate a new thread to this somewhere... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Clearly you guys have bigger apartments than I do! hail.gif

Point Five what part of NYC do you live in??

Have to say, this is kind of the way I'm thinking too. I've been trying to lock in some of the pricier keys (the #4 you guys have seen, plus a #14 I picked up a few months ago). As prices continue to rise, at some point soon I just won't want to spend what it takes to finish this, so I try to snag presentable bargain copies of the early ones whenever I can.

Anyway, it's cool that a bunch of us are doing this! We should dedicate a new thread to this somewhere... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

headbang.gif

I'm out here in Astoria. Lived in Manhattan most of my life, but am newly married and we just moved here a year ago...cheaper rent, more space, great neighborhood. Love it!

nice. my gf lives in Astoria so I'm there quite a bit. I live in Washington Heights and Astoria is a lot cheaper. And the commute from Astoria to my job is faster than my commute from the Heights.

I dont work too far from Astoria.I work on Austin Street in Forest Hills..

Forrest Hills is a real place 893whatthe.gif

Yes

_Queens'>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest_Hills%2c_Queens

My High School was Forest Hill... right in the Forest Hill area of Toronto.

_Toronto'>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest_Hill%2c_Toronto

Hey, some interesting stuff in this old thread... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

At this point, the issues I still need for an ASM #1-64 run are #1, 2, 13, 16, 20, 31, 41, 46, 60 & 63. But I'm not sure if I'll ever be willing to pony up $1100 just for filler issues of #1 and #2...

Guess I found out the answer to this.... 27_laughing.gifhi.gif