• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC vs PGX I hope this is the right forum

12 posts in this topic

What is your experience between these two graders?

Is one tougher on the books than another?

Does CGC of the same grade sell for more than a PGX of the same grade? By how much?

Any anecdotal evidence would be interesting to hear.

Thanks

This is a serious inquiry that I thought was something many of you long-timers must have faced. I was hoping to gain insight.

I hope it isn't percieved as stepping on CGC's toes.

I actually posted in a couple of different forums not knowing which one was appropriate. If that rubbed anyone the wrong way, I'm sorry for that.

In those different posts I'm getting some smart answers. I don't know why. If I really have crossed a line please let me know.

Suggesting I do a search (did it before I posted but didn't find anything), find a new website, etc.. really don't help me understand my question any better or the reason some of you seem to be trashing it.

This is a serious inquiry that I thought was something many of you long-timers must have faced. I was hoping to gain insight.

I actually posted in a couple of different forums not knowing which one was appropriate. If that rubbed anyone the wrong way, I'm sorry for that.

In those different posts I'm getting some smart answers. I don't know why. If I really have crossed a line please let me know.

Suggesting I do a search (did it before I posted but didn't find anything), find a new website, etc.. really don't help me understand my question any better or the reason some of you seem to be trashing it.

Lighten up Buck, this IS all fun and games remember . . . have you ever seen "The Hudsucker Proxy"? Y'know . . . for kids! 27_laughing.gif

They're only comic books fergawdsakes - don't get all serious on us! You haven't crossed any lines, we've just all talked about this so many times, that we don't really have anything to add "little Billy".

Check out the new thread about "posting and you" in the Comics General Forum smile.gif

I refined my search criterea and I actually found the stuff I was looking for. I was doing it wrong.

my bad

continue with your day

thumbsup2.gif Good having you around . . grin.gif

Lighten up Buck, this IS all fun and games remember . . . have you ever seen "The Hudsucker Proxy"? Y'know . . . for kids! 27_laughing.gif

They're only comic books fergawdsakes - don't get all serious on us! You haven't crossed any lines, we've just all talked about this so many times, that we don't really have anything to add "little Billy".

Check out the new thread about "posting and you" in the Comics General Forum smile.gif

its cool Divad

new guys seem like dumb guys and they always get picked on a bit

not that it matters but its been a rough day at work today and my fuse is a bit shorter than normal

its cool Divad

not that it matters but its been a rough day at work today and my fuse is a bit shorter than normal

I hear ya B . . . real life frown.gif chin up! wink.gif

its cool Divad

I hear ya B . . . real life frown.gif chin up! wink.gif

If I had just got the grail book you just got Mr Hulk #1, I would be in much better spirits.

wink.gif

My experience is that PGX, PGA or whatever they call themselves these days grade a little tighter......but they have problems apparently spotting restoration and micro-trimming. If I were going to send a book off, I would have to pick CGC. I think the overall confidence level is in their favor. confused-smiley-013.gif

My experience is that PGX, PGA or whatever they call themselves these days grade a little tighter......but they have problems apparently spotting restoration and micro-trimming. If I were going to send a book off, I would have to pick CGC. I think the overall confidence level is in their favor. confused-smiley-013.gif

and if you're sending a book in to PGX, try and convince them you're like a cousin or some other sort of relative of a guy named Terence Leder. that's "Terence," with one "r."

you're gonna have to just trust me on this one