• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

52 1 thru 20 wanted.

14 posts in this topic

Curious to see if I get a response.

I would like to but the new DC series 52,issues 1 thru 20. I know they are not all out yet,but will take a promise from someone to deliver them after they have come out and read them.

I''ll pay 50% of cover for them.PP tonite to an established forumite. Use my money tomorrow for your books,ship them after you've read the set.

Not really. I could get 20% off at almost any LCs,but factor in the time spent going each week to pick up a single issue.....

$2.50 cover= $2.00 after discount. I'm paying about 1.75 with shipping. And saving twenty trips to the store.

Not really. I could get 20% off at almost any LCs,but factor in the time spent going each week to pick up a single issue.....

$2.50 cover= $2.00 after discount. I'm paying about 1.75 with shipping. And saving twenty trips to the store.

I think he meant you are charging the person 50% because they were already read, not that you are offering too much. gossip.gif

Okay,Ididn't see it that way. Hopefully,the person is getting a discount from his LCs to begin with.Most BIs are worth next to nothing,so getting 50% cover isn't a bad deal,in mine nor the person who agreed upon it's opinion.It's costing him 75 cents if he gets a 20% discount.

Whats it worth to read a comic,anyway?Would you rent a comic for a buck?

15 years ago,I used to rent TPBs in my store for $1 a week.I thought that trend would continue,but it didn't.

I found out the other day that my local library gets a good amount of essentials and tpb. I had no idea such a small town had such an assortment. I will be spending some time in the library and yes I would rent a good TPB for a buck. Just laminate the cover for durability and away you go.

How about you buy the book, read it, then I'll buy it from you for half-price for my own reading pleasure?

If you want, you can come to my house and read each issue for .50 each. That's a better deal than half off cover.