• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any such thing as a UV filter bag insert?

4 posts in this topic

I'm thinking about a transparent mylar-type film that can be slid into comics bags to shield comics vfrom UV.

E. Gerber has UV screen film, but it's big sheets that have to be cut up by the user. But does anyone make a comics-sized film sheet that does the same thing?

Depending on how many you want, I'm sure Gerber will cut them to size for you...

I ordered 4mil inserts to put behind the light diffusers for my fluorescent lighting in my shop a few years back, and custom sizes weren't a problem. They also advertise that they will make Full-Backs and Half-Backs to any custom size...

They also advertise that they will make Full-Backs and Half-Backs to any custom size

Yep, and I don't think it's really any more expensive as you end up buying them by the pound. I custom ordered some full-backs a while ago as the full-backs they were selling to match their Silver Age Mylites 2 were exactly the same height as the books, hello thumb dings! They've corrected the sizes now however, although now the bags seem too "tall"??