• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas,Texas "JMV Comic Book Show" Sunday August 13,2006

20 posts in this topic

Just a friendly invitation to check out the next ...

Dallas,Texas

JMV Comic Book Show

Sunday August 13,2006

Radisson Hotel

2330 w. Northwest Highway

(near IH - 35 East and Loop 12)

Hours:10am -4pm Admission:$2.00

Early Buyer Admission:$5.00 (9am -10am)

Win a $100.00 shopping spree drawing at 3:30pm

Dealer tables: $50.00 each (20 - 6ft)

For more info contact :

JMV Entertainment

Po Box 151

Temple,Tx 76503

(254)760 - 8682

info@jmventertainment.com

www.jmventertainment.com

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Personally I would not recommend diving 5 hours just for a small one day comic book show unless you are planning to make a weekend out of it in the DFW metroplex.

Where do you live? Midland / Odessa area ? I hope to do shows in the El Paso and Lubbock areas in the future.

Thanks for being up-front......

I'm in San Angelo, there's one LCS in Midland/Odessa and one LCS in Abilene. I know the guy in Abilene is itchin' for local shows......I know nothing of the Midland/Odessa shop.

I'd drive to Lubbock or Midland without a thought.....El Paso is out of the question.

Again, thanks.

Tim, you might want to save your 5 hour road trip for a show that have a better than 1 in 10 chance of actually happening. Save it for WWTx or even the Dallas Comic Con.

BTW, there are a couple of show in KC that you might want to check out. You can surely get there in under 5 hours.

Nope, KC is an 8-9 hour drive from here. And the issue with the show happening is the reason for my hesitating. The Mid-South is a wasteland for comic shows and conventions. Except the big one at the end of the year. There is NO WAY, I am going to brave traffic for that one. I prefer smaller shows, might not be the selection but it gives you a chance to meet fellow collectors, find out choice Comic shops. etc.

Nope, KC is an 8-9 hour drive from here. And the issue with the show happening is the reason for my hesitating. The Mid-South is a wasteland for comic shows and conventions. Except the big one at the end of the year. There is NO WAY, I am going to brave traffic for that one. I prefer smaller shows, might not be the selection but it gives you a chance to meet fellow collectors, find out choice Comic shops. etc.

Get on a plane and come to Chicago. poke2.gif

Timulty,

As I suggested to "TakinShots", I would not drive 5 hours "just for a one day show" unless you are going to make a weekend out of it in the DFW metroplex.

But keep in mind that the October Dallas Comic Con (Plano,Texas) is October 28 -29 and Wizard World Texas (Arlington,Tx) is only 2 weeks later November 11 -12 (Veterans day weekend).And we have our smaller show on November 19 in Dallas for the folks who missed out on these two other shows.

But if you plan to come to the DFW Metroplex in August the weekend of 12 -13 .Why not go sight seeing on Saturday with your family and check out our show on Sunday and find some good deals and have a relaxing drive back home to Arkansas.

Also we have a limited number of free dealer table for forum members interested in setting up (limit one per forum member).This is being offered to show dealers and collectors that you should not overlook the smaller shows.PM me for details.

Thought I be like Chuck R. and post this from the hotel computer while these thoughts are still "hot and fresh" .

Big Thanks to all the collectors and dealers who came out to the show Sunday.Everyone seemed to have a blast.Collectors were cleaning out their closets this weekend.Lots of Silver Age and Bronze were brought in to be picked over by dealers.

One dealer managed to pick up a collection for $800 cash which included some Silver Age Gems such as X -Men # 1(vg+),Richie Rich # 3(vfn-nm),Green Lantern # 1(fn-),Fantastic Four # 4 - # 86(VFN -NM),assorted issues of Dell 12cent Uncle Scrooge (VFN +),Amazing Spiderman #11 -140(FN -NM) from a older woman from Garland,Texas. Personally I think he should have offered more but she wanted cash and no checks.Collectors do you know where your Grandma is ?

Modern comics were moving briskly.Somethings that were in high demand and nobody had were comic supplies and Golden Age comics.

I look forward to the next Dallas,Texas "JMV Comic Book Show" on December 17,2006 (new date).

See you on the IH -35 going South !

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif