• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Silver Age #1s

6 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I have a few books that I ran thru E-BIGS and I was wondering how they would compare to what you fine folks thought.

Thanks in advance and I hope I'm not attaching too many books to one thread.

1. Iron Man #1 - the colour break on the front, right side is a 45mm (1 3/4") tear that at one time was fixed inside by tape. It must have been a while cause the tape has since fallen off leaving a brown stain where it was applied.

ironman1f.jpg

ironman1b.jpg

2. Conan #1 - sun faded cover. I'm hoping by seeing the other books you can see how faded and not assume it was the scanner,

conan1f.jpg

conan1b.jpg

3. Hawk and Dove - stain on the back, top edge among others.

hawk1f.jpghawk1b.jpg

4. Mister Miracle

mm1f.jpg

mm1b.jpg

5. Phantom Stranger - stain on the front cover under the N and G of Stranger.

stranger1f.jpg

stranger1b.jpg

Thanks again in advance.

Ubie X

just my humble, mostly worthless opinion...

1. Iron Man #1 - 5.0 (originally had 4.0, but reread my grading guide and I'm happy with a higher grade on this)

2. Conan #1 - 6.0

3. Hawk and Dove #1 - 5.5 (maybe it's just me, but staining poke2.gif to that extreme makes me want to take off a full point from an otherwise Solid 6.5+)

4. Mister Miracle #1 - nice book, same flaws as one I have making me confident in guessing, I mean grading 7.0/7.5 (If it were 12cent I'd probably go 7.5/8.0)

5. Phantom Stranger #1 - okay, I'm no good at this but it's fun. 7.5 (sharp book despite the foxing and larger-than-attractive spine breaks...I love that cover though! yay.gif).

Great books...tough to get all of these at all! thumbsup2.gif

Well ... in case anyone was wondering, E-Bigs was very harsh on the Ironman #1. Not considering the tear I got a 7.0. As soon as I added the tear the score dropped to 1.8!

Ubie X