• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Diego SS report???

69 posts in this topic

Anyone? confused-smiley-013.gif
Stan Lee was popular tonofbricks.gif

Who? poke2.gif

Neal Adam's signing was slow. Paul was begging me to buy a book and bring it to him to sign and grade. screwy.gif

Anyone? confused-smiley-013.gif
Stan Lee was popular tonofbricks.gif

Who? poke2.gif

Neal Adam's signing was slow. Paul was begging me to buy a book and bring it to him to sign and grade. screwy.gif

What about the older guys? Mooney, Giella, Bradbury?

I saw Mooney on the last day.

He didn't seem too friendly or euthusiastic. A guy went to his table and the guy wasn't acknowledged. Irvin Hasen is a friendly dude though.

Saw the POS Jim Lee art sell for $5K at the charity auction.

Dunno about the other dudes. Never saw them.

I can only imagine the prices at the art auction. Anything good?
Other than the Lee piece, there was a decent sized Wendy Pini piece that sold for $1100. I didn't stay that long. I only was there to see the Lee piece. Just Wolverine in his old school uniform in the foreground standing around while Batman is standing around in the background.

Dumb lady foreheadslap.gif

I sent in Detective 69 and 71 for Robinson to sign and a Weird War Tales 24 for Dominguez to sign. Now whether these got done I am still now confused-smiley-013.gif
I saw Robinson there so he should have been an easy signing. Didn't see LD but I only went down on the Sunday. I'm sure he was there.

I sent in Detective 69 and 71 for Robinson to sign and a Weird War Tales 24 for Dominguez to sign. Now whether these got done I am still now confused-smiley-013.gif
I saw Robinson there so he should have been an easy signing. Didn't see LD but I only went down on the Sunday. I'm sure he was there.

Ok, but if the books didn't get signed I'm holding you responsible. poke2.gif

Who was the SS witness?

Paradise for the 2 Detectives and thecollector for the Weird War.

SDCCI is not the greatest Signature series show, while at the same time being one of my favorite conventions to attend. It is nearly impossible to be 100% successful, as the room is too huge, there are too many overlapping signings and too many creators that are only "dropping by" for a brief visit.

Three main Signature Series account holders worked very hard this weekend, with, technically, CGC itself (thru my efforts with booth submissions) being the fourth. While I know that none of them were 100% successful (myself included) the success rate was actually better than anticipated.

Chicago looms....

My success rate was 55 to 60 % which is what I anticipated. The nor so rae sigs should be obtained at other shows this show is just for those rare sigs like Bruce Timm or Ashley Wood or Sheldon Moldoff. Guys like mike turner mark silvestri jim lee should be held for smaller shows like chicago or philly.