• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Diego SS report???

69 posts in this topic

I appreciate all the effort the member dealers put in, I saw first hand how difficult it is to please everyone. Some people are like me me me, did mine get signed type stuff instead of just being patient and thanking the person for the hard work.

I didn't do any Signature Series but I did get some books signed on my own. Since I don't plan on selling any of them, it was cool with me. I had Grant Morrison sign my Arkham Asylum HC, which I had previously had signed by Dave McKean in 91. I had Carmine Infantino and Murphy Anderson sign my Batman:Cover to Cover on the page with the Detective 359 comparison to Bolland's homage on a Gotham Knights cover. George Perez signed my Crisis on Infinite Earths #1 before his Q & A panel. Finally, on Saturday I met Neal Adams at his booth and he signed my Batman 232 which had been previously signed by Julius Schwartz and Giordano. I would have liked to have gotten more sigs, but there was too many events to attend...

For myself I got:

Non Signature Series:

Walking Dead Omnibus - Kirkman

Invincible Ultimate Collection Vol. 2 - Kirkman, Ottley

Avengers Assemble Vol. 3 - Busiek, Perez

Marvels 10th Anniversary HC - Stan Lee, John Romita, Kurt Busiek (already had Ross)

GA Hawkman Archives Vol.1 - Moldoff

GA Green Lantern Archives Vol. 1 - Moldoff

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - Joe Casey (alas no Kolins)

For Signature Series:

Marvel Zombies 1-5 plus variants (about 8 books) - Kirkman, Suydam

also got John Romita to sign the ones based on his covers, and Stan Lee signed the #1 first printing.

DC Super Stars 13 - Sergio Aragones

Swamp Thing 1 - Berni Wrightson

The size and depth of the convention make it impossible to get all the signatures you want.

SD is the hardest convention to get signatures at. I'm sure everyone there is their very best. You guys deserve to be commended just for braving the crowds.

Alex

The size and depth of the convention make it impossible to get all the signatures you want.

SD is the hardest convention to get signatures at. I'm sure everyone there is their very best. You guys deserve to be commended just for braving the crowds.

Alex

Thank you Alex It is a very hard convention I was truly amazed at how much we got done with 1 and 2 signature per person rules and limited signings on certain people.

Kevin were you guys able to get my Detective Comics 69 and 71 signed by Jerry Robinson? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

This is where it gets hard to explain. While I assisted Paradise in Peter's absence with submissions last month at Charlotte, I don't really get involved with his requests the rest of the time other than offering to assist him if I have scheduled for a witness to go over to witness signatures for CGC direct at a signing (and vice-versa).

That being said, I do know that Peter did see Jerry Robinson and get some books signed, so I think I can safely say that your books got signed. Hopefully Peter can come on here soon and also confirm that.

Alex

Thank you Alex It is a very hard convention I was truly amazed at how much we got done with 1 and 2 signature per person rules and limited signings on certain people.

Tell them about Infantino Kris!

Talk about working your tail off!

Carmine was a very nice gentleman there was never a line up for him. He was sketching for money which is a rare occasion. But it was one signature per person due to his autheritis. I got a batman head and shoulders with a full cape and a bat emblem the next day when I went back to get 2 more autographs he handed me an Adam Strange prelim that he didn't like the way it turned out for free. I have decided to give this piece as a gift to one of my customers.

Tell them about Infantino Kris!

Talk about working your tail off!

Kris worked very hard and was a great sport all weekend.

why do i only believe half of this?

poke2.gif