• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blue Bolt Wierd Tales #116 VF For Sale

15 posts in this topic

That is a sweet lookin' book. If I had not have been spending like a drunken sailor foreheadslap.gif in the last few weeks, I might have been interested...great looking cover. Maybe if you still have it kicking around in September... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Someone save me the trouble of getting this slabbed. A raw 7.0 copy of #117 just sold for $720. poke2.gif

Where did the 117 sell? confused-smiley-013.gif

You seem to move in and out of a lot of nice books, I would suggest getting a scanner so you can show the books to their maximum potential. While this book is intriguing, the scan is too small and makes the colors look a bit faded...although I'm sure it looks just fine in hand! thumbsup2.gif

The #117 sold on Marrin's site. I guess I could scan this myself. insane.gif I would keep this book but I keep running across grail after grail lately so I can live with moving the non-essential stuff. Love this book but it doesn't compare to some of the books I have acquired lately, at least for my taste. The book is not as faded as the scan which is the one that was used when I bought it.

The #117 sold on Marrin's site. I guess I could scan this myself. insane.gif I would keep this book but I keep running across grail after grail lately so I can live with moving the non-essential stuff. Love this book but it doesn't compare to some of the books I have acquired lately, at least for my taste. The book is not as faded as the scan which is the one that was used when I bought it.

Figured as much...congrats on the sale (and pickups?)! thumbsup2.gif

Still have to finish paying for my Captain America Comics #74 (Canadian Copy) and I'm probably going to buy another GA Atlas Sub-Mariner book in the next week so this sale will help quite a bit. thumbsup2.gif Always on the look out for a Human Torch #12 so if Harley didn't sell his copy in San Diego I'm all over it.

Still have to finish paying for my Captain America Comics #74 (Canadian Copy) and I'm probably going to buy another GA Atlas Sub-Mariner book in the next week so this sale will help quite a bit. thumbsup2.gif Always on the look out for a Human Torch #12 so if Harley didn't sell his copy in San Diego I'm all over it.

Harley either sold it before San Diego or before Friday. One of the first things I did when I got to San Diego was go over to his booth to see if he still had it. He had graded it as a VG/F. I think Metro still has their NM- for $8k. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Harley either sold it before San Diego or before Friday. One of the first things I did when I got to San Diego was go over to his booth to see if he still had it. He had graded it as a VG/F. I think Metro still has their NM- for $8k. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I figured as much. You could add $300 to the price of the same grade of this book every 3 months and someone would BIN it. Has to be one of the hottest GA books around.

I figured as much. You could add $300 to the price of the same grade of this book every 3 months and someone would BIN it. Has to be one of the hottest GA books around.

I was a little surprised at how much interest my copy got. 893whatthe.gif

I was a little surprised at how much interest my copy got. 893whatthe.gif

It was a little steep for a restored copy and maybe if I didn't have other irons in the fire I would have folded and bought it but I wait for a unrestored copy to surface, maybe on Heritage. Its been such a busy year, I have been able to obtain 5-6 grails in a short period of time when in the previous two years I was lucky if I even saw half of these for sale. cloud9.gif

I agree - it's certainly been a banner year for GA!! 27_laughing.gif

A few of the Crippen books remain on my radar, but I'm surprised at how much action they've received so far in advance of the auction close date. Real curious to see what shows up in raw form from the collection over the next few months...VG's to Fines suit my budget much better, so we'll see? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif