• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"WHO WANT'S TO BE A SUPERHERO" - SciFi Channel

31 posts in this topic

Cheesey!! It's like waching a bad car accident . You know you don't want to look , but you still do. tongue.gif Stan is still the ultimate Huckster!! laugh.gif

I was thinking "Train Wreck".......and I will still watch it next week too................ foreheadslap.gif

Cheesey!! It's like waching a bad car accident . You know you don't want to look , but you still do. tongue.gif Stan is still the ultimate Huckster!! laugh.gif

I was thinking "Train Wreck".......and I will still watch it next week too................ foreheadslap.gif

\

So will I. shy.gifblush.gif

I found it intriquiing who was eliminated first. (In case anyone has not seen it yet but has taped/tivod etc for future watching - long scroll SPOILER BELOW)

OK - this is far enough. I don't get it. Did you see Stan's weird reaction to the one that said something about a "Jewish mother"? It WAS a weird reaction. So then what happens? He got eliminated because he failed to help the crying child? Yet he was NOT one of the three who were turned in by TRAITOR SPELLED BACKWARDS - those were the blonde woman who flirted outrageously, the muscle guy who commented about "killing" as opposed to - as Stan said - "saving" and the sculptor hoping to make money off of his own statues if he was selected.

So what do nwe have? Three people already damned once by hidden camera ignoring the crying child, yet one who was not damned by hidden camera eliminated for ignoring that child. I don't get it. He had the most sincere contrition of the three yet Stan still wiped his Klingons. I have to wonder if anything cultural was involved here by Mister LEE.

PS - it is an incredibly formulaic show but I will probably watch it as it is an interesting reflection on life in the USA.

I have watched both weeks and found it to be a riot! Is it camp? Yes! Is it funny? Yes! Stan just cracks me up. That old geezer is looking good for whatever his age is. How old is he anyways, 75? 80?

The scene with the dogs was freaking funny.

The guy that didn't like his costume and was laughed at by the other guy cracked me up!

The best part? They took that Iron Enforcer, kicked him out of the "Lair" and do a super villian makeover on him and make him DARK ENFORCER! What a riot!

I personally don't watch alot of reality TV shows, but this one is cracking me up. Plus, Dark Horse comics gets a plug on a cable channel...how cool!

You know, there is alot of comic related stuff coming out latley...Supeman and X-Men movies, My Super Ex-Girlfriend, this show, super-hero stamps, national exposure of San Diego Comic Con, etc. I think it's all good. You know what else...Stan looks like he's having fun! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I watched the first week (and that will probrably be it) more out of curiosity than anything. And yes it was a cheese fest, with overacting and stupid costumes, but would there be any other way to do a show like this? I mean, the ordinary person just looks plain stupid in a Superhero costume, so I cant imagine how else it would look other than cheesy... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The best part? They took that Iron Enforcer, kicked him out of the "Lair" and do a super villian makeover on him and make him DARK ENFORCER! What a riot!

That was the best part to me, creating a Super-Villain to muck-up the works. 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Saw my first episodes tonight...by far the stupidest reality show, and maybe the worst TV show, I've ever watched. Makes Flavor My Love look like the Godfather in comparison.

Was embarrassing to watch...

Jim