• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The "unofficial" pedigrees

7 posts in this topic

Someone help me out. What are the various reasons the following collections did not receive pedigree status:

Monterey

Golden State

Slobodian

Cleveland

Edenwald

Sid's Luncheonette

And do you know for sure why, or has the community just sorta offered its best guesses as to the reason? Did they simply not apply to become one?

I didn't mention it if only because its had quite a bit of conversation about it lately. But sure, Sids!

I mostly wanted this thread to contain all the answers about what's up with these collections. In one place. Handy reference and whatnot.

Can add Edenwald too.

Someone help me out. What are the various reasons the following collections did not receive pedigree status:

Golden State

Inadequate documentation by the dealer that discovered the collection, Dan Greenhalgh. He didn't even issue certificates of authenticity for them as he did with the Winnipegs.

Slobodian

From what I've heard, it's because there were non-OO books mixed into the collection. Given CGC's willingness to recognize the Central Valley pedigree, where no one even knows who the OO is or whether all the books indeed come from one OO, I'm now not sure why that was even a factor.

Sid's Luncheonette

Conjecture has always been because the keys were only mid-grade. Given CGC's willingness to recognize the Central Valley pedigree, which has almost NO keys, high grade or low grade, I'm now not sure why that was even a factor.