• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

need collecting/investment advise

8 posts in this topic

Need some input regarding the market and silver age daredevils. My collecting interests are primarily silver age daredevils in high grade. Lately Ive noticed that high grade copies arent meeting what I believe to be their potential value and in fact have been selling for less then they have in the past. This does not affect my interest in silver age DDs but at the same time I dont want to overpay when I run into a copy I like. I would appreciate any input from anyone who tracks the market or collects Daredevils.

Need some input regarding the market and silver age daredevils. My collecting interests are primarily silver age daredevils in high grade. Lately Ive noticed that high grade copies arent meeting what I believe to be their potential value and in fact have been selling for less then they have in the past. This does not affect my interest in silver age DDs but at the same time I dont want to overpay when I run into a copy I like. I would appreciate any input from anyone who tracks the market or collects Daredevils.

I recently sold some early (9,10,16,17...) copies on eBay with HUGE scans. They went for 75% OFF guide!!! frustrated.gif

So, is it wise to pick them up at that price? I would... how can you go wrong with a mainstream character and books that are 40 years old???

Then you look at these variants which fetch $100+ before they even hit the market and say "What the???". It's enough to drive a specultaor bonkers!

Personally: I'd pick up the SA books when they are cheap all day long. On the other hand, I would also pick up the low ratio variants when they drop in price; as they will be the only ones worth cover in 5 years!

Just my 2 cents.

John thumbsup2.gif

You are most probably thinking of high time prices when cgc was at a all time high. Now prices have become a lot more steady and have dropped a lot on 9.4's and 9.2's as opposed to a year or two back. DD 7 still does well and is a cool book, buy your number 1's and hoard them, that will always be a good book for the future. Spider-man cross overs, Dr Doom appearances and Smith issues, and 81 are always nice issues in 9.4 and above.

thanks for the input guys. Just wanted to make sure I was reading the market correctly. But even the 9.4 and 9.6 cgc graded copies of the single digit issues like 2,3,4,5,6,8, and 9 seem to be selling for a lot less than they were a year or two ago. Oh well I guess it means I can extend my funds further than I could have two years ago so I cant complain.