• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF #15 or ASM #1 in CGC 10? What would it be worth?

46 posts in this topic

Too bad signature series books can never be graded as Gem mint... Oh well.

Yes they can. Isn't there a SS Cerebus #7 (or thereabouts) that got a CGC 10 Gem Mint?

There was a triple sig GEM Mint 10 book talked about in another thread just days ago...

Your talking about the Civil War #1 Aspen Variant, right?

most people with that amount of money would be sceptical (hey I'm european), of the validity of the grade, and you don't generally get label chasers at that kind of price

I can't see a 10 asm 1 selling for more than the 9.8 one. How many people are sniffing around doug's ff1 9.6 ? not many I would suspect, and that's the best FF1 in existence. The kind of people prepared to pay 7 figures for a comic would be only interested in the big 2 keys. Action and Detective.

Yeah but Fantastic Four 1 isn't Amazing Fantasy 15.

Yea, it's not. Fantastic Four 1 was more important than AF 15. thumbsup2.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Does the truth hurt? poke2.gif

Honestly - both such Issues, if they existed, would probably sell around 5 Million US apiece.<p>

CAL 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

they just wouldn't

has ANY comic EVER sold for more than 500k ?

there's rumours about a 2 million bid for one, but how realistic was that

how many 6 digit sales are actual cash sales, and how many of them are just moving from one consignment/dealer site to the other ?

Honestly - both such Issues, if they existed, would probably sell around 5 Million US apiece.<p>

CAL 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Depends on what you are talking about here:

1) If it's 5 million US pennies - Most definitely yes!

2) If it's 5 million US dimes - Not likely at this point in time since there's no real difference between a 9.8 or a 10.0 when you get to these types of books, as long as it's the highest graded copy.

3) If it's 5 million US dollars - Absolutely not unless you've been smoking something or talking about 50 or 100 years down the line when 5 million big ones will no longer really mean 5 million big ones.

Just my 2 cents worth which is probably a few million short here. 27_laughing.gif