• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHY CAN'T PEOPLE SPELL?!?!?!?

30 posts in this topic

I don't think the example you provided is in the spelling, rather it is the terminology...a spline is a mechanical term and the person using it may feel that it is the proper term for that section of the book... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

HooDee -

Eye thinc yew ar just beeying pickee. Sum peepel arn't as inteligent as ewe and me. Or is it yew and eye? Meye grammer isnt sew good. tongue.gif

Chris

Look it's Chrisco, starring in "Drunken Monkey Style" ...how appropo tongue.gif

Don't even get me started on spelling these days, particularly on the Internet. Search through boards and note how many people use "to" and "too" incorrectly, "loose" and "lose," my all-time favorite "its" and "it's," and for some bizarre reason, "definately" instead of the correct "definitely" and other similar words where an "a" is used incorrectly in place of an "i" or "e."

Many people will hide behind the rationale that English, ever an evolving language, is simply adapting to a new generation of usage online. I say it's being murdered by people who don't take the time to learn the rules before they break them. But then I'm a 31-year old fuddy duddy according to those people.

Damn whipper-snappers...

Look it's Chrisco, starring in "Drunken Monkey Style" ...how appropo

ROFL......Yeah, I put my liver through hell for the entertainment of others, and I can't even get a frikkin' custom title!!!!! mad.gif

But seriously, ask anyone who was at the dinner in Philly. I was very well behaved and kept my drinking to a minimum (not counting the drinks at the hotel bar afterwards, of course. But, those were weak!).

Chris

Don't even get me started on spelling these days, particularly on the Internet. Search through boards and note how many people use "to" and "too" incorrectly, "loose" and "lose," my all-time favorite "its" and "it's," and for some bizarre reason, "definately" instead of the correct "definitely" and other similar words where an "a" is used incorrectly in place of an "i" or "e."

Many people will hide behind the rationale that English, ever an evolving language, is simply adapting to a new generation of usage online. I say it's being murdered by people who don't take the time to learn the rules before they break them. But then I'm a 31-year old fuddy duddy according to those people.

Damn whipper-snappers...

But Englash, evar an evolvang languag, is simply adapting to a new genaration of usage online......

Damn whipper-snappers...

I, to, agree with you. Two often, one doesn't look too the proper resources. Now we find two many errors gaining in popularity. It is to bad.

FORSOOTH! Methinks thou protest too much! By CROM!

Geez...Methinks it should be "thou doth protest too much!"....come on...fire up that Norse spellchecker man.... makepoint.gif