• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Lantern 76 CGC NM 9.4 White

76 posts in this topic

yeah i talked to jason about that book in philly......no luck in negotiating a sale though so there it is.

Is this a new 9.4?

Any hint as to what the reserve would be? Did he have an asking price?

Last one of these I remember went for around $1750 last year at Heritage.

We need a drool smiley...

That's one nice book.

Has the $1,500 price tag on 9.4 GL76s trickled down at all to lesser grades or are 8.0s and 6.0s still going for OS range? (Asks the guy with a really nice F+ copy of GL 76 he may never be able to upgrade.)

beautiful book...and Im tempted to test the reserve...buy, is anyone else deterred by the census? there are already four 9.4s. Maybe thats all there are...but that discourages me from paying through the nose. Anybody else?

And to think mine only has off white pages !! 893applaud-thumb.gif- l looked at my copy really hard and there is no way they misgraded it...it's not a 9.6 that got a 9.4 - it's sharp...but i'm not unrealistic.

I think that this is probably all there is for HG GL 76s....I don't think we are going to see abundance of 9.4s or even a 9.6 - course, I said the same about Sups 199 and low behold, a 9.6 (from this guy too) - there might be a couple of more 9.4s out there unslabbed...

"I think that this is probably all there is for HG GL 76s....I don't think we are going to see abundance of 9.4s or even a 9.6"

Wishfull thinking on your part! Every time someone makes a statement like this, I laugh. What would make you think there are no more high grade copies in existence? Do you have first hand knowledge of every collectors inventory? There are tons of high grade bronze books, and just because people aren't selling them does not mean they don't exist.

"I think that this is probably all there is for HG GL 76s....I don't think we are going to see abundance of 9.4s or even a 9.6"

Wishfull thinking on your part! Every time someone makes a statement like this, I laugh. What would make you think there are no more high grade copies in existence? Do you have first hand knowledge of every collectors inventory? There are tons of high grade bronze books, and just because people aren't selling them does not mean they don't exist.

I'm sure there are plenty of copies of this book locked away in collections. In practice it isn't an easy book to find in high grade, but I've never believed that to be a result of an actual "lack" of copies- just a reluctance on the part of people holding them to sell. How many people with high grade raw copies are looking to sell? I have one, I'm not going to part with it any time soon. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there with similar attitudes.

Maybe it booked for more copies would shake out since not everyone actively follows sales and knows that NM copies are going for $1500-2000.

I tested the reserve with $1374 - I guess not a real test, but heh grin.gif and no cigar. I would imagine a $1750 is closer to his reserve, but I ran out of courage! tongue.gif

DAM

Are you Batman or the "Ball-less Wonder" tongue.gif just bustin' Dave...

that was a decent bid Dave !! - I have seen them go anywhere from $1600-2500 which is a big gap....As far as Rob React statements go, it's ;possible your right....but, I tend to lean towards the feeling that we probably have seen the last of the really high grade copies....a couple of 9.4s might surface, but that would be about it.....i don't think there is an abudance of ANY high grade DCs hiding out there.....

but, I tend to lean towards the feeling that we probably have seen the last of the really high grade copies....a couple of 9.4s might surface, but that would be about it.....i don't think there is an abudance of ANY high grade DCs hiding out there.....

Any board members got any or know of any raw, possible 9.4s? Anyone got any pricing data for 9.0s or 9.2s? I'm curious to see the pricing discrepancy between 9.4 & those grades immediately below it. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif