• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CA Science Center--Marvel Superheroes Display

7 posts in this topic

OK, so the family was in town and we headed to the CA Science Center. The Marvel Superheroes Exhibit was to be the key attraction for the little ones. It was pretty cool and my little ones were having a blast checking out all the neat displays and playing on the exhibits. Then we exited the formal portion which led to a small but interesting comic display area. Mostly Dr Strange stuff, but interesting. Then the route to the exit took us through the little store of Marvel stuff. Lots of great T-shirts, games, books, stuffed superheoes, etc., but guess what?

No comics! Not one new comic for sale, period. You would think Marvel would be trying to get kids and youngsters excited about buying a comic or two, but no comics at all. A number of reprint books and CDs, but no comics. WHy would they have such a major exhibit in a high traffic science center in LA, but no cimics?

confused-smiley-013.gif

V/R,

Mike

Then we exited the formal portion which led to a small but interesting comic display area. Mostly Dr Strange stuff, but interesting.

hi.gif

That would be my collection. I have a few comics on display there, including some CGC books, my Strange Tales custom covers and some foreign prints. So there are a few comics to be seen.

Folks can have a look by clicking here.

Very nice, well done, nice run of stuff.

However, I have to write...personally, I would NEVER allow an exhibit, convention, or anything else like, to keep my collection of goodies over night, or longer...no way kiddies.

that picture of the book bending against the left outside wall of the cabinet, is down right...horrific 893whatthe.gif

Related, and unrelated, the California State Fair is doing a superhero theme this year, along with appropriate displays, etc. I'm local, so I'll be there, probably on the day they have the demolition derby.