• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you do with 500 Simpsons Comics

26 posts in this topic

I responded to an ad for a bunch of Simpsons comics and went to pick them up tonight. I figured I would keep a stack to read with my kids and donate the rest to their school.

I go to the house to pick them up and find boxes, and boxes and more boxes. They were never opened by the recipient who saw them as just taking up space in his garage. There are a little more than 100 boxes with a minimum of 5 comics (all the same title and issue) in each box. My guess is 500-600 comics.

That's more than the number of students in the whole school, which doesn't even start until the end of the month. I'll probably prepare a big stack to give to the kids' school, but I'll probably still have several hundred left. Any suggestions for donating them? I'm in Southern California.

1335530-simpsons.JPG

1335530-simpsons.JPG.0cad16c0a6062e9b6dd0f72e041670a6.JPG

Donating them to a library?.

If you have a neighbourhood that has parties or special days or whatever where they do sport competitions and things like that (talking about kids), you can give free comic books...

Food, sunny day, kids having a good time and comic books...

I responded to an ad for a bunch of Simpsons comics and went to pick them up tonight. I figured I would keep a stack to read with my kids and donate the rest to their school.

I go to the house to pick them up and find boxes, and boxes and more boxes. They were never opened by the recipient who saw them as just taking up space in his garage. There are a little more than 100 boxes with a minimum of 5 comics (all the same title and issue) in each box. My guess is 500-600 comics.

That's more than the number of students in the whole school, which doesn't even start until the end of the month. I'll probably prepare a big stack to give to the kids' school, but I'll probably still have several hundred left. Any suggestions for donating them? I'm in Southern California.

1335530-simpsons.JPG

If you have the time,sell'em on Ebay. They do pretty good in lots. You should get atleast $1-$2 each in runs on there. Donate some & sell some!

I will buy a box for myself, errr.. I mean my daughter!

Sent you a PM

Post them up in marketplace. I bet you will get some nibbles.

Good luk

Ze-

I wished we lived closer, the kids at the school I teach at go 'ga-ga' for comics and Simpsons is taboo which makes it all the better 27_laughing.gif

Whaaaa? Where do you teach? The "Holy Ultra-Conservative Academy Where We Don't Let Our Kids Have Fun"?

I wished we lived closer, the kids at the school I teach at go 'ga-ga' for comics and Simpsons is taboo which makes it all the better 27_laughing.gif

Whaaaa? Where do you teach? The "Holy Ultra-Conservative Academy Where We Don't Let Our Kids Have Fun"?

Maybe that came out wrong 27_laughing.gif

I teach at an elementary school, and comics in general to kids are considered something you just don't do in school. Adding Simpsons to the mix (I have a few in my comic library and have handed out several others), just makes the kids think they are REALLY getting away with something, when in reality...they are reading!!! Yeah! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Just about all of them are from the past 5-7 years. The majority are the main Simpsons Comics title with numbers from about 85 through the low 100's. There are a few other thrown in, Bart Simpson, Futurama, Treehouse, Classics (magazine size that are in the envelopes in the pic). I think I saw a number 1 of something, but don't remember which. (I'm at work right now so peeking in the garage is not possible.)

Each box is 5 of the exact same. For example, five copies of Bart Simpson #22.

Thanks for the ideas. I feel like Santa Claus.acclaim.gif My plan:

1. Read some

2. Read some to my kids

3. Give most to my kids' school

4. Give some out at Halloween (great idea, thanks thumbsup2.gif )

5. Put a stack in my backpack, if you see a guy wearing a ComicSeeker.com t-shirt in Chicago Friday/Saturday, say "Hi" and you can pick one, I'll even bag and board 'em for you

6. If you have a website or blog AND you have put a link to my site on your site, PM me your address and I'll stash a few in an envelop for you