• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Will Matt Nelson Have for Breakfast in Chicago!!??

52 posts in this topic

I wish I could claim credit for this idea, but it came from the man himself. I figured why wait until after the convention.....let's nail our flags to the mast now, and see who's the best prognosticator on the boards!

Please look over the attached menu and give us your thoughts.

Of course, I'm leaning towards the Pancake Deluxe, but that could be just my own skewed perspective on things. So take your shot, post your predictions and we'll be expecting reports back from the Windy City!

Good luck, and feel free to write in any suggestions not on the menu.

Best, Chef Red

menu.jpg

Hello,

whether I agree or disagree with pressing, there are a few professionals that press books. So, too bad Mr. Matt Nelson is getting the heat. But more importantly, if one has an issue with pressing, it would be best to roast the known dealers who press almost anything, as oppose to Mr. Nelson.

Yes, I know Mr. Nelson may sell books too, but really it's the folk that employ the service that keeps it going.

I wish I could claim credit for this idea, but it came from the man himself. I figured why wait until after the convention.....let's nail our flags to the mast now, and see who's the best prognosticator on the boards!

Please look over the attached menu and give us your thoughts.

Of course, I'm leaning towards the Pancake Deluxe, but that could be just my own skewed perspective on things. So take your shot, post your predictions and we'll be expecting reports back from the Windy City!

Good luck, and feel free to write in any suggestions not on the menu.

Best, Chef Red

menu.jpg

No BEER.....? What kinda breakfast joint is this poke2.gif.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

p.s. Rib Eye Steak and 2 Eggs(pressed over easy with all burnt edges trimmed).

I feel compelled to note that Davenport would have done a much more thorough and imaginative job with this theme. poke2.gifgrin.gif

Of course he would have!

I'm old and the heats getting to me today! wink.gif

Hello,

whether I agree or disagree with pressing, there are a few professionals that press books. So, too bad Mr. Matt Nelson is getting the heat. But more importantly, if one has an issue with pressing, it would be best to roast the known dealers who press almost anything, as oppose to Mr. Nelson.

Yes, I know Mr. Nelson may sell books too, but really it's the folk that employ the service that keeps it going.

Hey, get out of here with your vile "pressing" allusion.

This thread is about FOOD, dammit, FOOD!! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Take it somewhere else, buddy!!

Hello,

You need to do more homework.

No BEER.....? What kinda breakfast joint is this poke2.gif.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

p.s. Rib Eye Steak and 2 Eggs(pressed over easy with all burnt edges trimmed).

I mentioned you could add anything not found on the menu. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

breakfast%20beer.JPG

I'm sorry, but if Matt simply hasn't got the time to respond to questions about which books he's flattened, and which he hasn't, I don't see how he can justify taking time out to eat breakfast.

Given his explanations and pleas for mercy in the other thread, I'm sure he'll be voluntarily forgoing the pleasure to help catch up... yeahok.gif

So what are you saying, you roasted some of the big guys ?

Also, I guess this thread was started because some questions weren't answered, Ok you guys have that right.

thumbsup2.gif

But I think there are other fish to go after , if pressing is real big concern.

But I think there are other fish to go after, if pressing is real big concern.

Could you elaborate? Name names? Who would you consider a bigger Pressing fish than Matt Nelson? confused-smiley-013.gif

The big problem is that Matt buys these books himself, presses them, and then sells them with no indication. In this sense, your statement "...Mr. Nelson may sell books too, but really it's the folk that employ the service that keeps it going" is incorrect.