• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What should I offer for a short box of 60's Silver ??

28 posts in this topic

Try my schedule- 7 days a week 9AM to 11PM, with a few hours off on Tuesday. Thanks God we are now closed in the winter.
Do you own a business?

No, he's a pimp.

sign-funnypost.gif

27_laughing.gif

Try my schedule- 7 days a week 9AM to 11PM, with a few hours off on Tuesday. Thanks God we are now closed in the winter.
Do you own a business?

Yes, two of them. A motel and a small self storage facility.

And no, I'm not rich, just rich in work experience. stooges.gif

I recently bought roughly a short box of mostly Bronze, a few Silver, and 1 Golden Age book from a neighbor for what ended up averaging about $1.25 per book. Grades were all over the place, from Good to NM-. When I went through his books, I separated them into stacks of $1, $2, and $5 books, plus $10 for the golden age book. We added up the total and I paid the guy cash on the spot.

I think $1 per book would be a good starting point, but separating the books into stacks and putting the nicer books into a $5 each stack helped with my purchase. I think it helped let him know I wasn't trying to completely rip him off by giving him $1 for a book I knew was worth $20 or $30.

Don't know if that helps, but there it is.

I recently bought roughly a short box of mostly Bronze, a few Silver, and 1 Golden Age book from a neighbor for what ended up averaging about $1.25 per book. Grades were all over the place, from Good to NM-. When I went through his books, I separated them into stacks of $1, $2, and $5 books, plus $10 for the golden age book. We added up the total and I paid the guy cash on the spot.

I think $1 per book would be a good starting point, but separating the books into stacks and putting the nicer books into a $5 each stack helped with my purchase. I think it helped let him know I wasn't trying to completely rip him off by giving him $1 for a book I knew was worth $20 or $30.

Don't know if that helps, but there it is.

Not a bad idea, I was thinking of going that route myself, for the same reasons.

I haven't heard from this guy in 3 days, but I don't really want to call/email him yet. I don't want to seem to anxious.

Hope he doesn't know too much for his own good. Not that I want to rip the guy off, but you run into these guys that think every book with a 15 cent cover price has got to be worth at least $20@. screwy.gif

Mike

Mike, I would call/email him and say another opportunity to purchase some nice books has come your way. But you first wanted to get with him and see what he had, possibly make an offer on his books. Tell him you have up to $500 to spend on his shortbox if you like what you see. The $$$ should bring him around( and also possibly make him rethink what he was going to bring you. This guy collects,that means he probably knows about OS and more then likely he knows all too well what he has. I bet he just wanted to find a buyer that thought "every 15 cent comic was worth $20", and after speaking with you he realized you were not the insufficiently_thoughtful_person flavor "sucker" he was looking for.

If he is serious, and wants to move his books for whatever the reason he will call you back and set up a time. If he hedges, or spins another wife story I would cut the line. I would be leary of what he is trying to unload, no matter what the price may be. In the end if he just brings crahp to you and you still want it make a really, really low offer(like every comic shop dealer he has probably already seen has)

Ze-