• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What should I offer for a short box of 60's Silver ??

28 posts in this topic

I'm sure this has been asked before, but say I was meeting somebody who had a short box of silver 60's books in mid to lower mid grade. What's a good starting offer to put on the table if he doesn't have an asking price? He says he's a collector of everything and wants to get rid of some of his stuff, or at least his wife is making him.

Depends on what period of the 60's and what titles.If it's pre "65 you may still be able to turn a profit at $ 4 or $ 5 a book in low to mid grade.Make sure to check for missing pages as Marvels are notorious for missing the pages that show other comics that were then on sale.Keep us posted,it sounds interesting.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Don't know if they are bagged and boarded, but I hope to find out. I think he may need a little prodding to get things rolling. As I understand it, his wife may be the one behind this. He says he has many more but I know they are moderns. When I first talked to him he says he has tons of books, but I cut to the chase and asked him how many 10-12-15 and even 20 centers he had. About 200 was his reply. We shall see. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Hope he doesn't know too much for his own good. Not that I want to rip the guy off, but you run into these guys that think every book with a 15 cent cover price has got to be worth at least $20@. screwy.gif

If this actually happens I will post what I get. I went through this a few times only to find out the guy's brother's aunt's neighbor has all the old stuff we talked about on the phone. foreheadslap.gif

Thanks to all who responded.

Mike

I'd start at $200, and let him negotiate up.

Too high, ask him what he wants first then look over the books and offer him less than half of his asking price. (unless of course, you're already peeing in your pants over some of the books) 27_laughing.gif

$200 cash on the spot is a deal maker in any junkie/gypsy/tramp/thief's books grin.gif

Of course everyone is different, but I did this last summer with another guy and offered $250 for 2 boxes of lower grade silver(DC MARVEL DELL TREASURE CHEST) and the guy turned me down. He said he could get more than that at the ephemera auction. He didn't have an asking price which made it hard, but I walked away from it. There wasn't enough good stuff in there to up my price.

Yeah, well maybe if there's some Spidey's and FF's in there, but I doubt it.

Is it all post 65 SA?

Anyone would really need to know what's there to give a figure.

If there's a FF 48 VG or an ASM 50 F... confused-smiley-013.gif

If it's mostly DC cr@p (sorry DC guys) they go for $2 each on the 'bay for VG non-Key SA books.

Yeah, well maybe if there's some Spidey's and FF's in there, but I doubt it.

Is it all post 65 SA?

Anyone would really need to know what's there to give a figure.

If there's a FF 48 VG or an ASM 50 F... confused-smiley-013.gif

If it's mostly DC cr@p (sorry DC guys) they go for $2 each on the 'bay for VG non-Key SA books.

Don't know yet. I only talked to him on the phone, and he is so "busy". I said I was probably busier than him. Sometimes people make me laugh when they think they are busy. Try my schedule- 7 days a week 9AM to 11PM, with a few hours off on Tuesday. Thanks God we are now closed in the winter. sign-rantpost.gif

But anyway, he says he has DC and Marvel. I told him any Spidey or X-men, and he said some. I'm hoping there's some early FF, Spidey, or X-Men in there, even a few, but I don't really know yet. I think this is going to move slowly, but hopefully surely.

If they are complete,and in better than OS Good,you will find a market for them at at least $3 each,here on the boards.I've seen very few SA books not move at the $3 level here.Just lump a few bad ones,with some good ones and sell them it lots of 5 or 10.