• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago: What did you buy?

73 posts in this topic

I got a few Timely/Atlas teen humor books from Moondog grin.gif

1344145-DSC00132.JPG

Group Shot! cloud9.gif

Better late then never. More are in my con report in the Events section.

Supersnipe.jpg

I applaud you for your taste in comics 893applaud-thumb.gif

What types of prices do you have to pay for books like the ones you've been posting these days at cons.....% wise?

Thanks

Better late then never. More are in my con report in the Events section.

Supersnipe.jpg

I applaud you for your taste in comics 893applaud-thumb.gif

What types of prices do you have to pay for books like the ones you've been posting these days at cons.....% wise?

Thanks

Thanks. I didn't get any BIG hero books this year but I am happy with my haul. I thought I got pretty good deals on everything, the only book I paid anywhere near guide for as the Fairy Tale Parade #1, which was priced pretty much right at guide by Metro.

There were a lot of good books to be had and I saw plenty of people making impressive purchases of books of sharp books under guide. If I had to put a number on it I would say I paid about 50 - 75 % of guide on most of what I bought.

Ah, from the Harold Giehne collection! A friend who was there picked up Four Color 20 (Barney Baxter) and 26 (Popeye) from that set for me in about very good condition at moderate prices. (I really need to get a scanner up and running again.) It sounds like the whole collection was impressive.

If anyone's interested, this is probably the right Harold Giehne from Wisconsin. Did anyone else get books from this "pedigree"?

http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/z/e/m/Brian--Zemlicka/ODT2-0010.html

.......... 5 Ref. #: A.1711 Harold Giehne Born: August 01, 1926

Jack

For nicer books, I got:

Hangman #6

1343789-ebay4033.jpg

Wow- That All-American #61 is gorgeous. where pray tell did you pick it up from?

Thanks to all of you who stopped by to say hello, talk funny books, about our new website, the Comic Zone Radio Show and of course to buy funny books. Overall for me the show wasn't anything close to San Diego saleswise but I was able to buy a lot 3 Spider-Man #1s, AF #15, a group of low grade SA Marvel keys, high grade Sgt Furys and 2 big consignments consisting of a JIM #83 CGC VF/NM and 3 high grade Hulk 181s (2-9.2s and 1-9.4) and another group with a Batman #1, low grade runs of Capt. Marvel Advs, Doll Man, Blue Beetle and Marvel Family.

Foot traffic was down, a lot fo dealers and exhibitors (including DC) weren't happy about having their spots moved and booth prices went up for next year. On the otherhand Wizard puts on a very professionally run show. For more on my Chicago review including sales listen to last week's Comic Zone interview with Civil War artist Steve McNiven http://www.worldtalkradio.com/show.asp?sid=68.

Thanks,

Vincent