• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago: What did you buy?

73 posts in this topic

Hey Stuart,

I love Thrilling #15, and Larsons are just very cool books. I have an 8.0 non-pedigree, and Metro has the MH copy.

Wish I could've been in Chicago. I'll get there one year!

Jeff

Hey Stuart,

I love Thrilling #15, and Larsons are just very cool books. I have an 8.0 non-pedigree, and Metro has the MH copy.

Jeff

Great cover and a Larson!

Hey Stuart,

Jeff

I saw that 9.9 Mile High Cap Jr 39? I think it was 39?

Hey Stuart,

Jeff

I saw that 9.9 Mile High Cap Jr 39? I think it was 39?

I would have gone for it but the outer cover is only a 9.8. tongue.gif

I'll start it off. Found this in a box:

Thrilling # 15 Larson Pedigree. It's restored, but it's so cool: I grade it a restored Fine...

thrilling15.jpg

What work was done to it if you dont mind me asking.

Top right corner, lower right corner had bug damage, according to the original larson list. You can probably see teh color variations on both spots....A few pages had corner pieces put back on. The back of the spine was redone in spots. It's amatuer work, but looks very presentable. Had a real pro done it it would have been nicer. Oh and the book was likely pressed. It has some water stains, like many of the Larsons. It's not a book for the ulta high grade dude. It's not a books to slab. It for pedigree collectors! It's a really cool larson copy of a great Nazi war cover.

Prepare to be underwhelmed and blamed.

First up - BobPfef - I've been hanging around too much with Bob and picked up this "The Bunny Cover" at the show. (gossip.gif Bob Beehrbom had a Fairy Tale Parade # 1 for $123 - 20%, but not nearly as nice as yours) -

1341917-FC103.jpg

1341917-FC103.jpg.80cde5ab90c4f943f80d2418d98146c9.jpg

Second - JimJum for confirming that Tales from the Great Book is indeed a good read. I picked up # 1 and a ratty copy of # 2 - not high grade but I don't own any high grade books really. Lehti channeling Foster -

1341921-TalesfromtheGreatBook1s.jpg

1341921-TalesfromtheGreatBook1s.jpg.1427372268b10d07b7cbfd2af6b5cddf.jpg