• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WW Texas 2006

25 posts in this topic

I am considering going to this con.. I really enjoyed ww chicago this year..

I have seen mixed reviews about past ww texas cons... Texas is quite a distance from where I live.. I will probably have to fly .. would it be worth it to spend the money going to this one or would it just be disappointing compared to chicago?

Before spending the money consider these points:

A)The weekend of November 10 -12 is Veterans Day weekend so expect a jump in airline ticket prices.

B) WW Texas is not bigger than WW Chicago

C) locally promoted Dallas Comic Con 8 in Plano,Tx (OCT 28 -29) is only two weeks before WW Texas(NOV 10-12) will probably have more local comic book dealers.

D)The location of WW Texas is in Arlington,Tx a large suburb located between Ft. Worth and Dallas .So if you do not like to wait on public transit expect to pay a taxi driver a chunk of change from DFW Airport out to Arlington.

E)The much smaller fan favorite one day "JMV Comic Book Show" will be on August 13 in Dallas,Tx is only a few minutes from Dallas Love Field - Airport for all you "jet setting high end tourists "!

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

A)The weekend of November 10 -12 is Veterans Day weekend so expect a jump in airline ticket prices.

C) locally promoted Dallas Comic Con 8 in Plano,Tx (OCT 28 -29) is only two weeks before WW Texas(NOV 10-12) will probably have more local comic book dealers.

D)The location of WW Texas is in Arlington,Tx a large suburb located between Ft. Worth and Dallas .So if you do not like to wait on public transit expect to pay a taxi driver a chunk of change from DFW Airport out to Arlington.

E)The much smaller fan favorite one day "JMV Comic Book Show" will be on August 13 in Dallas,Tx is only a few minutes from Dallas Love Field - Airport for all you "jet setting high end tourists "!

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Good points...just preparing for the backlash on E)

wait for it...wait for it.... 893whatthe.gif

From everything I have heard, you will be disappointed. I say save your money and go to the NY show.

October 8 with special guest Norm Breyfogle?

I think he is talking about the NY comic-con not the big apple..thats my guess

Also expect a possible boost in attendance as last year broke records and with the extra "time" people will be looking for something to do

I see no reason for local dealers to not be at Wizard or to NOT EVEN ATTEND Comic Con as they know they can get more customers at Wizard then they will at Ben's shows

To get to, and stay at a hotel right next to the convention center is a SHORTER cab ride from DFW airport than driving from JFK to Times Square or quite frankly driving from Dallas to Fort Worth. In fact... it is QUITE feasable to get to a hotel that will offer you shuttle service to the Arlington Convention Center in under 20 minutes from DFW Airport. ON TOP OF THE FACT that MANY hotels RIGHT NEXT to the Convention Center will pick you up FOR FREE to take you to those same Arlington hotels! yay.gif

I grew up here and know this area EXTREMELY well. Six Flags is due east of the Convention Center. I use to work there during high school and lived 5 minutes from the airport.

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

I'll let you know how THIS goes after I set up there this Sunday! thumbsup2.gif

After ComicCon San Diego, everything will be a disappointment(except for the crowds). WWTexas was cool the first two years, but last year it was so-so. It sucks they wait so late to announce the guests, therefore airfare and hotel rates will be higher. I plan on going this year anyways as I will be looking for deals, not autographs...

I have been to smaller cons there arent necessarily bad.. I went to heroes con in charlotte years ago. I had a very good time there.. There wasnt all the things there like ww chicago but it was enjoyable. Orlando mega con was another very enjoyable con..

Apparently wizard is starting to annonce guests to ww texas.. Marc Silvestri will be the guest of Honor.

The hotels I have seen so far are Much cheaper than chicago.. Parking is insanely expensive in chicago. I stayed at the hilton ohare beacause I got a great deal from priceline. otherwise my hotel at the time of booking would have been $164 a night . parking was $38 a day.. needless to say I didnt use the hotel parking.

I used public transportation as much as possible to avoid all the parking fees.. It was $11 a day at the con.. at the hyatt right next door.. $17 a day..

There was lots to see and do at ww chicago but it was crowded especially on saturday..

Thats good to know in case I rent a car.. I could drive it but it woud take about 15 hours or so to get there.. I really dont care about the actors and such that might be there.. if there werent any there it would be just fine by me..

The main thing I am interested in is the comic realted guests and such.. Would aslo be interested in getting good deals on the comics I collect. I mainly collect fathom, soulfire and darkchylde.. I am reading civil war right now as well..

I can promise you there won't be any charge for parking at any of the hotels near the convention center.

You might want to get there at 8am or all of the free parking will be taken. However, parking at the CC is only $5 with in-out.

The main thing I am interested in is the comic realted guests and such.. Would aslo be interested in getting good deals on the comics I collect. I mainly collect fathom, soulfire and darkchylde.. I am reading civil war right now as well..

Michael Turner and his Aspen crew have been there every year so far. thumbsup2.gif