• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comic Dinner anyone?

32 posts in this topic

I am really looking forward to this year's Baltimore Con -- and seeing the museum...

Just arranged to stay at a beautiful B&B on the harbor about 2 1/2 miles away from the convention center.

Not sure I'll make it down on time to go to dinner on Friday night, but this is one of my favorite cons of the year and I am definitely looking forward to it!!!!

Steve,

Tio Pepe's is one the best restaurants in the city with great prices for the quality. Only about half a mile north of the conv center. Perfect Sangria too. If that doesn't work try Abercrombe's a little further North on Biddle street. One of my favorites.

Ed

So is the dinner confirmed for Friday night or is Sat. night still a possibility? I'm in if it's Saturday; if it's Friday, I'm not sure as I (and I suspect other people who have to work that day) won't be arriving until sometime Fri. evening or Sat. morning.

How many people go to the Harvey Awards? Is it more than the number who would otherwise be able to make a Saturday night dinner vs. Friday night? confused-smiley-013.gif

Gene

So is the dinner confirmed for Friday night or is Sat. night still a possibility? I'm in if it's Saturday; if it's Friday, I'm not sure as I (and I suspect other people who have to work that day) won't be arriving until Fri. evening or Sat. morning.

How many people go to the Harvey Awards? Is it more than the number who would otherwise be able to make a Saturday night dinner vs. Friday night? confused-smiley-013.gif

Gene

Good questions!

I am leaning towards Sat if Gene and Brian cannot make it on Fri. Those who feel the Harveys will be more fun, oh well, I understand, but to me, the board dinners are the best part of my con experience. thumbsup2.gif I will start a new thread to see who's coming on Sat.

Mark Zaid has already emailed me (have not got back to him yet sorry.gif) and said he would help me put things together again.

There are many restaurants at the Harbor too.

Hooters cloud9.gif.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

hail.gif

Believe it or not,the Inner Harbor Hooters was the first one that I ever went to.I was sent to Baltimore bythe owner of a comic shop that I worked for back in the early 90's to set up at a show.It turned out to be a COIN show,and we were the only comic vendors there.We still did $1500 and it was NOT easy.The coin guys were real cool about it.they didn't rib us too badly.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif