• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New scans - PGM X-men Giant-Size #1

13 posts in this topic

Here are the uncropped scans of the front and back of X-men Giant-Size #1

Let me know what you think

Thanks!

LRC looks like a hanging chad. Looks like a scratch or something on Beast's hand. Line through the X in X-men is from the scanner. Not much else. X-menGiant-Size1_front.jpg" width="702" height="1157" alt="X-menGiant-Size1_front.jpg" class="pic

ULC ding. Not sure what the horizontal line on the left (near wrist watches) is. X-menGiant-Size1_back.jpg" width="752" height="1034" alt="X-menGiant-Size1_back.jpg" class="pic

Is there a way I can safely clean the back cover?

Yes, but this is definitely NOT a book for this to be your first experience. There are materials available to do this...search the boards...info galore on this. There are also those out there who will charge a modest fee to do this for you.

It isn't a tear - just a horizontal line. Not sure if it was an errant pencil or possible printing defect (?).

I think the scans accentuate the soiling on the back a little more but I'm going to check into having the back cleaned. Anybody heard of Classics Incorporated? I hear Matt Nelson and his crew have a pretty good rep.

Anybody heard of Classics Incorporated? I hear Matt Nelson and his crew have a pretty good rep.

Oh dear. grin.gif

Yes, most everyone here has heard of Matt...and everyone agrees he does good work..although some people here have a problem with some of his other services (ie pressing).