• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can you stand one more?

11 posts in this topic

You've read most of the highlights and I can't add anything new there but I did want to thank some of the board members for making this a memorable con. And of course share my aquisitions.

Kenny---My happy hunting partner. If you want to take a friend along who will caution you against spending over your budget...Kenny is not that person. But we had fun and two sets of eyes will dig up some amazing stuff.

Andy & Brad---I'm now the proud owner of the first appearance of the Goon and the second signed Eric Powell sketchbook. Thanks guys!

Paul---You have started me down a whole nuther road of collecting with those Toon Tumblers but one that's probably going to prove to be the most collecting fun I've had in a long time.

Gary---Thanks for letting me hang out and the badge (I felt so important)

If I forgot anyone, uh, I'm getting old, yeah that's it.

I had a blast though.

Kenny and I decided it would be fun to get comics to go with the Toon Tumblers and I got this amazing Rocky and Bullwinkle.

randb.jpg

While I was looking for R&B I saw this book. The stop action characters on the cover freaked me out as a kid and taught me the importance of carrying pebbles not crumbs in the woods.

handg.jpg

I went back and got this Hot Stuff and Underdog tumbler for my daughter and her boyfriend. I'll give you one guess who gets which one.

uandhs.jpg

The road to collecting has a lot of interesting side streets which made me get my first Fairy Tale Parade. I can't wait for the next one.

ft2.jpg

The aformentioned Goon/Powell books. His sketchbooks have some amazing art in them. It would be well worth your while to check him out.

ep2.jpg

I added to my modest (cheap) assortment of amusing (to me) Bronze Horror.

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

And lastly I added 3 more sketches to my Alphabet Soup Sketch Book. Hopefully I'll get to Baltimore and add more!

Image0012.jpg

Image0022.jpg

Image0032.jpg

Yes Fingers is R Koslowski. I probably spelled that wrong and I have to remember to write the artists name in the back of the book from now on.

Great seeing you at the airport! Thanks for keeping me company at Chiles (we really need a "puking" gramlin to insert here, but I guess that would just be another one Greggy would abuse poke2.gif).

I love the sketch book theme! thumbsup2.gif

See you in Baltimore!

Awesome post and some cool books. I love the Fairy Tale Parade thumbsup2.gif

I was glad to see you got some glasses. There are glasses from the 70s for pretty much every cartoon character out there and they aren't too expensive for the most part. It is another thing I collect and very addicting!

It was fun talking to you about folk culture and fairy tales and Gary's booth. There are just so many interesting paths that stuff can take you down.

It was great seeing you in Chicago. And I'm glad you liked the glasses. PM me with your address so I can send you some new boxes--it looks like yours didn't travel too well.

Pretty soon you'll have to stop talking to Bobpfef and I, or the insanity of collecting character glasses might become contagious. Bob's right--there's some great, inexpensive 1970's glasses for each of those characters. Be picky, though--they're common and you should look for bargains in near perfect shape.

It was great seeing you in Chicago. And I'm glad you liked the glasses. PM me with your address so I can send you some new boxes--it looks like yours didn't travel too well.

Pretty soon you'll have to stop talking to Bobpfef and I, or the insanity of collecting character glasses might become contagious. Bob's right--there's some great, inexpensive 1970's glasses for each of those characters. Be picky, though--they're common and you should look for bargains in near perfect shape.

(Sigh) I'm not even going to think about the glasses my mom sold at her yard sales in the 80's.

Ah the boxes! I first have to thank Steve for rescuing me from an airport goonnet who tried to tell me my purse was too big and could I stuff it into my already overstuffed carry on. I was trying and this is how the boxes got a little squashed. But the law of physics said no, a 20X12 full bag will not fit into another 20X12 full bag. Steve came along and allowed me to transfer my loot into his bag and the goonnet was no wiser. Thank you Steve! You are a gentleman and boy you sure travel light.

Thanks Paul! Will do. I'm not too worried about the Hot Stuff and Underdog boxes. My daughter and BF will probably be using those glasses before you can say beer pong.

I so enjoyed talking to you too Bob. I'm really excited about searching for more FTP's. The Kelly covers are so charming and those are the sort of stories I grew up with.

Great report , Anne.

That Rich K sketch is awesome. 3 Fingers is one of my favorites. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Hey! He was one of my favorites before yours! poke2.gif27_laughing.gif

I was going to add an aside to that effect. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't even know who Ricky Rat or Carhorn Armwhistle are. flowerred.gif

Great report , Anne.

That Rich K sketch is awesome. 3 Fingers is one of my favorites. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Well he's one of my favorites now too. acclaim.gif

I got a bunch of his 3 Geeks TPB. Hysterical and oh so true.

Great report , Anne.

Well he's one of my favorites now too. acclaim.gif

I got a bunch of his 3 Geeks TPB. Hysterical and oh so true.

Love the 3 Geeks. So true is right.

Was he selling any Geeks pages? I bought a few from him and they were pretty cheap. Also bought a 3 Fingers page (a little bit more than the the Geeks pages cost). Got a real nice letter from Rich with the artwork to boot.

Props to my man, Rich Henn, for getting me in contact with him. thumbsup2.gif