• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yet another EBAY AUCTION ENDED EARLY w/ NO RESERVE!

38 posts in this topic

Another auction ended with no reserve!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=720091519

Ebay needs to do something about this. Sellers are beginning to abuse this way too much frown.gif " High bidder takes it home," MY . The only error I see in the listing is the ridiculous S/H Cost shocked.gif

I have no idea if anyone is interested in this, but what the heck.

John named Kitty Pryde after a friend of his from school. He just thought it was a really great name. Years later, he was on a trip home to Canada, and ran into Kitty at the local movie theatre. She said that over the years, several people had come up to her asking if that was her. She said she'd told them she didn't know for sure, but did remember going to school with John Byrne, and thought it probably was. Finally, after years of being told she was a member of the X-Men, John was able to confirm that it she was.

-- Joanna

Yeah, I remembered someone claiming to be her listing a page given to her by John on eBay a few years back. I don't think that it sold because the beginning price was something outrageous like $10,000. Damn Canuck should have listed it at no reserve and it would have sold quite well. Sentimental reasons maybe? frown.gif

The problem is the seller ended the auction with less than 5 minutes to the end citing an error in the shipping amount. First of the all, the shipping amount is way too high for one CGC book. If it was lower, there is really no need to cancel the auction for that reason. If they are claiming that it is higher, then they are real crooks when it comes to charging the shipping and handling rate. The point that Rickdogg is saying is that the seller was probably unsatisfied with the current bid and not confident that some last minute sniper(s) would bid it up to an acceptable level so they cancelled the auction instead. Therefore, the selller avoids any additional initial listing fees associated with setting a reserve, as the listing fee is based on the reserve and not the opening bid amount! tongue.gif

That's the guy - 2ltbill.

Love that Canadian seller, greggy... guess he didn't feel it'd be customer friendly to simply state S+H is the same to Canada as the U.S. mad.gif

He sure does. I was planning on sniping some x-men books of his and he ended it frown.gif Sure enough, it was up the following week mad.gif I emailed him and told him that he just lost a customer.