• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yet another EBAY AUCTION ENDED EARLY w/ NO RESERVE!

38 posts in this topic

Maybe he's getting greedy... I won a book from him at a decent price, consistent with current sales, and it didn't meet reserve. He may still expect to get the same $$ he got on sales 6-9 months ago.

I usually avoid rj's auctions with a 10 ft pole, since he has "eye hurting" auction templates, and some of his policies seem really dumb. His certificates of authenticity are . Who the hell does he think he's fooling?

I was willing to bid on his auction since he had an issue I needed, but after he Ended the auction, I put him in my mental "DO NOT BID" list. I never had a transaction with the guy & I already don't like him.

Yep, as it's a real time waster for me to track an auction, set up a potential bid, and most times, disregard some others that are going through at the same time. Then the nitwit gets cold feet and essentially erases all my hard work with a cancellation.

That's why I'd like to start an Auction Cancelling Bozo List, so that I can bypass these chumps entirely, and bid on sellers running (gasp) actual, above-the-board auctions.

Oh yeah Here's another one:

>>>PRISTINECARDS10<<<

stads64(54) May-08-02 11:26:08 PDT 2100194487 S

Neutral : Retracted sold item, relisted exact item w. Higher opening bid - BUYER BEWARE!!!

Response by pristinecards10 - Made a mistake, but now the *COMICS WILL SELL TO WHOEVER IS THE HIGH BIDDER IS*

p-rine1(5) May-08-02 08:20:18 PDT 2100182012 S

Complaint : bad seller, retracted sell with out a reserve bid, buy at own risk

Response by pristinecards10 - Too hard to make, sold lower than I could bear. Auction up either sells or not.

You can even look at his negative feedbacks where the buyer was upset since he didn't want to sell his spidey comics at the final bid price! shocked.gif

I remembered this guy because he was really upset when I emailed him about his cancelled Batman CGC auctions. mad.gif Screw him! tongue.gif

Yup, these sellers need to be shown as the asses they are This tactic has been used as of late to avoid reserve price fees

Yes it is very annoying when someone ends an auction early - especially if you have made a point to be there in front of your computer at that exact time, etc; But the fact remains that, as in any auction the seller has the right to withdraw their property for any reason at all - It can be no other way - In the same instance, any seller who advertises in the newspaper for example, can decide not to sell. Tell me - if the rule were that once listed, you must sell it or else - How would Ebay determine if an article was actually broken (scan of the pieces?); or the dog ate it (autopsy of the stomach cavity?); or there was an actual listing mistake? - They couldn't - or at least wouldn't want to, even if they legally could - which they can't!

Yes there would be less of this if Ebay did not charge for 'reserves', which they won't - So do what I do - If something disappears which you desperately want, just sigh and wait for it to come up again - we are talking comics here..........

That is very true. Too bad sellers have been abusing this as of late. Reserve price fees are refunded if your items sells. Usually if an item doesn't meet reserve, that usually means you want to much tongue.gif

Another thing, if you want to sell on ebay. You have to pay to play. tongue.gif Losing or breaking an item for sale is totally different from intentionally ending an auction with a few minutes to go mad.gif It doesn't really matter to me since I avoid those guys after an experience like that. I just wanted to see what others sellers did this so I can keep an eye out laugh.gif

this reminds me of that 80's anti drug commercial with the kid caught by his dad and he replies, "I learned it from watching you". Discussing these ending auctions business and that ebay is powerless to do anything against it may be emboldening those of us toeing the line on this issue, to cross it into the"dodgy" side. I myself have cancelled my 5 beatup silver age X-men store listings 4 days ahead of close shocked.gif