• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Masterworks

12 posts in this topic

Ive got some trade credit at my LCS, so I figured that if any of you wanted to pick up a Masterwork on the cheap, lmk.

I can get them for $35, and then however much shipping would be.

let me know if you might be interested,

Arex

Have they put out the Masterworks with reprints of some of the Pre-Heroes, yet?

They have GA Cap I know and also Marvel Mystery.

I think he means monster books. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Tales to Astonish 1-10 is out, Tales of Suspense 1-10 comes out within the next two months, I think.

Starting with the Lee Kirby stuff would seem consistant with the rest of the line.I'm ready for Amazing Adventures 1-6 although it wouldn't be very thick.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

I can't wait until they have Masterworks for Pre-Hero Strange Tales. cloud9.gif

What issue # would they start with??? That's the problem, and I doubt they'll reprint from issue 1 up. confused-smiley-013.gif

Tales to Astonish started around Jan 1959 whereas Strange Tales started in 1951. That might be a too far back for Marvel, although I'd love it.

Marvel might not think there's much of a mainstream market for stuff like this

1347098-st_016.jpg

My guess is they'd start around issue # 70... the one where the Sphinx comes alive.

1347098-st_016.jpg.47869453c970fce28c6601ef97971984.jpg

Last call for anyone wanting Masterworks, im going to the shop tomorrow to settle up.

Arex 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My order is placed. yay.gif

Any ideas about which ones would be the most desirable to resale? Are there some that are more popular/harder to find than others?

Arex